Finance Graduate Programme
£26,500 + £2,000 joining payment - benefits include 27 days holiday + free on-site gym + pension
Global HQ, Malmesbury, Wiltshire - South West UK
Join us as a Finance Graduate and over the course of this three year programme you’ll understand how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development (RDD) centre and all of our Commercial functions, the Dyson HQ campus can be found in secluded countryside that helps keep our secrets secret. Having doubled in size in 2016, the campus is now home to new research and development facilities, a new restaurant (home to an English Electric Lightning jet) and a sports facility catering to all Dyson people. Nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Over 2,500 people, including James himself, spend their days there strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world.
From day one you’ll work in a ‘real job’ in one of our Finance teams – understanding how our global business operates and the financial considerations that decisions are based upon behind the scenes. Over the course of the programme you’ll complete three placements, each one year in duration. And by the third year we expect you will be ready for an international assignment to gain market exposure to compliment your HQ knowledge. Areas you could experience include:
• Research, Design & Development: Supporting investment decisions in the heart of the Research, Design and Development function. Helping to build the financial business cases for our future products and innovations, and supporting the financial control of our significant cost centres.
• Group Reporting: A great opportunity to experience and thoroughly understand how our Group Finance function interacts with our international teams. Here you’d take ownership of key aspects of the month-end reporting cycle as well as providing financial support to central and overseas marketing teams, and assisting with wider business projects.
• Market Reporting & Analysis: Meeting the reporting and analytical demands associated with our markets. At our Global Headquarters we house the Northern Europe market, our distributor market and our European central finance function.
• Financial Control: Working across functional teams driving process improvements, providing management reporting, forecasts and budgets, inventory analysis and reporting, and gaining exposure to intercompany processes and financial controls.
• Commercial Reporting & Analysis: Delivering data and strategy that supports and enables commercial business decision making. Working to support product categories and selling channels, as well as liaising directly with global markets to provide direct support to the Dyson Executive team.
And don’t forget alongside your role we will sponsor you to become a qualified ACCA accountant – providing study time and development support as well as paying for course fees.