Up to £40,000
The role sits within the Service Delivery arm of Finance Centre of Excellence (FCoE). FCoE is responsible for all of Finance Operations across all of Dysons European markets. This role is within the team which undertake Month End and Reporting for the markets as well as ensuring all Group policies and controls are adhered to. This role has been created to help drive this forward and provide the insight required to make effective decisions.
The Finance Centre of Excellence is responsible for all of Finance Operations across all of Dysons European markets. As our ambition grows there is increasing importance on forecasting and reporting on our working capital.
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Deliver monthly cash flow forecasts for review by FCoE market leads in line with Group timetable for all European entities.
- Undertake review of cash flow accuracy (actuals vs forecast) and provide reports to key stakeholders highlighting key drivers for variances.
- Build knowledge of the cash flow forecasting processes over time to deliver increased accuracy and insight to users.
- Continuously improve all aspects of the cash flow, optimising both the process and the quality of data output. This will involve building and evolving current models.
- Co-ordinate Balance sheet review process, preparing reports and performing analytical reviews, highlighting key movements.
- Review and update market balance sheet commentaries and metrics, ensuring it is relevant and informative to drive valuable discussion.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders within FCoE and in the markets (Commercial Finance teams).
- Ensure all reporting & KPIs are delivered in line with the FCoE/Market SLA.
- Embed best practice cash flow and balance sheet processes into all new Dyson markets (territories).
- Become the subject matter expert on working capital reporting for Dyson markets, able to share practices to markets outside Europe.
- Work at the same pace as Dyson, understanding any changes impacting FCoE and effectively addressing / embedding them in a timely manner.
- Oversee year end external audit requirements and any CoSec deliverables.
- Fulfil any other ad hoc responsibilities as directed by the Finance Manager
- Newly Qualified Accountant
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Ability to organise and prioritise in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced IT skills – Microsoft
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills
- Highly motivated to achieve results
- Proactively highlights and progresses solutions for issues identified
- Good team player
- Ability and desire to travel across Europe
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.