Financial Control Manager - Direct Sales
£48,000 - £56,000 + bonus + pension + private medical/dental + 27 days holiday + free on-site gym
The Financial Control Manager – Direct Sales is a key role within the Financial Centre of Excellence (FCoE). This role is responsible for driving global best practice, safeguarding financials and enabling commercial success.
This role is key to supporting Dysons current Direct business and its aspirations, including governing direct consumer payment methods for Omi-channel, supporting Fraud strategies and also maintaining the integrity of our accounts through strong reconciliation processes.
The role has team management of four, with one direct line report.
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Managing FCoE Direct Sales Financial Control team ensuring reconciliations are performed and risks are managed.
- Supporting the payments governance group to ensure all decisions regarding new Payment methods are made based on entire end to end from customer experience through to reconciliations & accounting.
- Harmonise and globalise payments reconciliation and risk reporting to all Dyson markets, and continuously improved.
- Interact with global business teams to optimize card acquiring solutions for each market.
- Working with IT, Procurement and Legal where required to shape payments solutions that have been approved to proceed.
- Building an expert Direct payments team, through continuous education and support to the business aspirations with Omni channel payment offerings.
- Stay current and update company stakeholders on market development (e.g. payments related regulatory changes, payments innovation, etc.).
- Ensures that the business and committee have up to date intelligence on vulnerabilities in payment applications and networks.
- Supporting the Payments Committee to formulate Global payments strategy. Including working with markets to support the communication of the strategy where appropriate.
- Managing the payments committee processes (inbound requests, actions, feedback & coordination of committee)
- Reporting consumer fraud and risks to the business
- Regular performance reviews, risks/opportunities are highlighted back to the business/commercial teams.
- Qualified Accountant, proven experience PQ
- Line management experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Advanced IT skills – Microsoft & SAP
- Experience in Omni-channel payment acceptance business
- Knowledge of payment settlement, reconciliation and investigation tasks.
- Proactive approach with great problem solving skills.
- Highly Motivated to achieve results
- Team player
- Experience managing external stakeholders/relationships
- Available for overseas travel if required
- Additional experience in risk/fraud management is also relevant and valued.