Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
“We are looking for a regional finance business partner to join the FP&A team managing the regions’ growing capital investment. This will be a highly visible role where you will interact with senior leaders in the company.”
Dyson in SEA is the heart of Dyson’s Group global operations, including product development, manufacturing, procurement and supply chain management. The company operates a research, design and development (RDD) centre of excellence, a high technology manufacturing facility, and houses the global operations executive team including the Group COO.
Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, this role offers the right person the chance to build an exciting career in a dynamic and growing company. In charge of an annual capex budget exceeding £100m, the successful candidate will partner closely with the business to help with forecasting and analysis of spend. They will also work closely with our fixed asset team to identify improvements to the reporting process.
- Review monthly actual results, analyse the variance between actual and budget, and forecast future performance (monthly LE). Present the data in a clear and insightful manner in meetings with senior executives.
- Annual budgeting, and long range plan exercise.
- Identify opportunities to improve the month end, reporting & forecasting processes.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non-finance members of the Dyson team.
- Be resourceful in dealing with and influencing all your business partners within finance and outside.
- Support and work on process improvement projects and lean initiatives. You will proactively and continuously improve everything you encounter.
- Take ownership of facilitation and creation of accurate project plans with clearly defined milestones, deliverables and tasks.
- Enforce governance and control and compliance of company policies and procedures.
- A significant portion of your time will be spent working on ad hoc tasks. Many will relate to your core responsibilities of the team, but you will be keen to take on other challenges.
- Fluent English.
- Minimum 5 years of business partnering or FP&A experience.
- Strong excel and system skills which promote efficient working.
- Experienced SAP user.
- Critical thinking and problem solver. Curious and challenging nature.
- Able to independently lead initiatives and people to successful outcomes, whether that be through peers, and / or business partners.
- Commercially minded. Balances supporting the business and controlling it.
- Naturally drives for results, looks to add value; energetic, engaging and positive approach.
- Instinctively lean, looks to improve the control environment and make processes more efficient.
- Strong communicator and influencer, both within and outside finance. Able to work with colleagues at different levels including senior management.
- Accurate and attention to details.
- Comfortable and strives working in a changing environment typical of a fast-growing business.
- Experience working in Operations hubs, managing stakeholders across different locations in SEA.
- Technology and/or Manufacturing sector experience.
- Experience of developing/managing people.
- Experience of SAP Projects System module.