Financial Planning and Analysis Business Partner
£42,000 - £50,000 + pension, 27 days holiday and free onsite gym
The role will also be responsible for management accounting support for 2 key Group Overhead functions including capital expenditure requests, investment appraisal and project accounting. The role will be required to use analysis to work with the functions to drive enhanced planning and optimal decision making. The role is critical in controlling major cost areas and providing finance business partner support to senior management.A key responsibility will be to manage monthly and annual reporting cycles providing incisive reporting that shapes and influences decision-making.
Things move quickly at Dyson. In twenty years, what began with one man and one idea has grown into a global technology company, with 6,000 people and a presence in over 70 countries. From Malmesbury to Malaysia to the US to Australasia and many countries in between, we’ve sold over 80 million machines.
And it’s just the start. From 2016 our Malmesbury HQ is doubling its footprint. The US, our biggest market, is doubling their sales scope. And new frontiers are opening up across South East Asia and beyond. More people, more ideas and more space for more invention. The next four years will be our biggest and busiest yet.
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
- Understand and document key processes, whilst seeking streamlining opportunities.
- Project manage and drive through change initiatives as identified.
- Build a firm knowledge and understanding of Group Finance and how processes interact and overlap.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management information is prepared for key Dyson group functions including incisive commentary, with detailed analysis of spend.
- Work in close partnership with the individual budget holders and the group consolidation team to provide accurate monthly re-forecasts.
- To independently conduct monthly review meetings with budget holders and to act as a key point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.
- Challenge business managers to ensure that all concepts have been properly considered before presenting to the business.
- Develop KPI reporting and analysis.
- Challenge current ways of working, driving efficiencies and cost savings wherever possible and to set best practice across the Dyson organisation.
- Review of monthly commitments and preparations of monthly accruals and prepayments reconciliations including timely follow up on any queries.
- Be comfortable dealing with and working through issues and operational challenges with project teams and other stakeholders, getting into details to ensure you understand the cost drivers of the business and can provide insight to non-finance members of the Dyson team.
- Be dependent on your resourcefulness and ability to influence and partner with finance teams in the business units together with non-finance managers.
- Strong Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Solid accounting skills, diligent and accurate.
- Proven track record of cost process optimisation.
- Experience of running and performing budgeting or forecasting processes.
- Excellent spread sheet skills, including being comfortable with pivots, advanced formulae and charting.
- Commercial acumen.
- Excellent analytical ability with a good attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive, ‘will do’ attitude and the ability to be flexible yet have a disciplined approach.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present plans to support business decisions.
- Determined and assertive, prepared to get into the detail to understand the complex cost drivers of the business.
- Mature and robust personality.
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise workload and ability to work to strict reporting deadlines.
- Prior experience of Cost/Management Accounting is essential (2+ years minimum).
- Investment Appraisal/Financial modelling of commercial decisions.
- SAP experience
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.