Fluid Dynamics Engineer
- Provide advice and guidance to Design Managers and assembly teams on allocated projects, taking a lead role and responsibility for the areas of fluid flow and thermal management.
- Support of this advice through experimental validation and other relevant analysis methods and tools (including CFD).
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with design engineers at all levels, including the relevant technical teams in the Far East
- Ensuring detailed, accountable written records are kept with the aid of the PLM system (Siemens Teamcenter)
• A good first degree or Masters in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering (other relevant engineering disciplines will be considered).
• A good working knowledge of the fundamentals of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
• A good understanding of the principles and application of CFD methods. (Previous experience of ANSYS-Fluent and/or ANSYS-CFX beneficial, but not essential)
• A sound understanding of experimental methods and processes, particularly with regard to pressure, temperature and flow measurement techniques.
• A good working knowledge of commercial CAD tools, preferably Siemens NX.
• A good working knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel. • Good analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal format.
• Ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas, in line with core Dyson values.
• To be able to multi-task and plan effectively when working with a variety of project teams in an often high-pressure, competitive environment.
• Excellent team-working skills
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.