Fluid Dynamics Engineer
Participating in the development of Dyson new products from the evaluation of new technologies till the implementation of the final product.
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
Sometimes, making a technological leap forward means going back to the beginning. Since 1999, we’ve spent £150m building a motor from scratch – small, light and efficient, yet extremely powerful. Our motors are what enable our technology to be different – it’s why they’re protected by 20 to 30 patents. But the next generation demands new directions. Energy storage, robotics, nanotechnology and space-age materials. So our multi-disciplinary team, led by some of the world’s best power electronics engineers, knows that only the most pioneering thinking will do.
- Ensure Dyson product satisfy the targeted performance specification & support new concept development in house. Focus on technology delivery to enable our next generation of products.
- Support Fluid modeling and propose solution on resolving complex product fluid system
- To establish and helping on experimental aerodynamic performance risk evaluation
- Drive designs forward based on Fluid engineering knowledge and ensure correct decisions are taken at all stages of the design process with regards to product performance
- Guide junior engineer and mentor Design Engineers in best practice in terms of Fluid/Aerodynamics implementation in our extensive range of floor care and new products.
- Liaise with development teams to ensure an effective transfer of technology into our product range
- Identify potential new research areas that would benefit from Fluid/ Heat transfer Technology development.
- Solving day to day challenging engineering problems and communicate solutions throughout the team and RDD.
- Support virtual modeling; development of precondition algorithms in CFD software.
- To establish and helping on experimental fluid dynamic in FD lab
- Provide suggestion and solution to Design Team for Dyson product flow related improvement.
- Degree/Master/PhD in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Astronautical Engineering or relevant experience in Fluid Dynamic. With CGPA 3.5 and above
- At least 1 to 2 years of working experience in the industry or Mechanical Engineering field or fresh graduate in Master/PhD.
- Strong knowledge in experimental & theoretical fluid dynamic, aerodynamic, aeroacoustic, turbulence and heat transfer.
- Understanding of statistical techniques and ability to interpret performance testing data.
- Understanding of fundamental of flow induced vibration and acoustic as well as experimentation techniques
- Experience in mechanical signature analysis is preferred.
- Able to apply FFT, wavelet or Hilbert transform in flow analysis.
- Familiar with simulation software e.g. Fluent/ CFX/ Matlab/Comsol
- Understanding mechanical drawings and performance parameters.
- Hands on experience on prototype preparation for testing
- Good at communicating at all levels.
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries, annual bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at Dyson. Leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition.