Full Time Dyson Sales Expert - New York, NY
New York, NY
Experts work full time as members of the Sell-Through team to engage consumers in an energetic and confident manner and provide them with knowledgeable information about Dyson products in select retail locations (i.e. Costco, Bed Bath and Beyond and Best Buy) or events across the United States. The most important part of a Dyson Experts’ job is to create a positive experience with the store and the consumers; assisting in the sale of Dyson products to achieve company specified sales goals. Demonstrations occur on weekdays and weekends as well as additional responsibilities in the retailers involving training retail associates, merchandising and retail audit of Dyson area. The schedule is primarily Wednesday-Sunday.
Dyson landed in the US in 2002 and within 24 months our technology was market share leader. Our bustling HQ is based in the historic Montgomery Ward Building, overlooking the Chicago River. A few hours down the road in Aurora, our dedicated US Customer Care team now numbers 250 people. And in total, there are over 600 Dyson people working across the US in multiple functions.
But Dyson US is still growing. It’s poised to double its footprint and take on new categories. Already a target for our competitors, challenging times are ahead. And our battle-hungry US team are truly fired up.
Our Retail Sales teams epitomise the entrepreneurial spirit that has defined Dyson since day one: ambitious, commercially savvy, and strategically agile. We work with some of the world’s biggest retailers, implementing the most profitable long term business plans and driving innovative ways to put our technology into more hands. It requires managing multiple networks of Dyson people. And overseeing many different retail areas - from instore fixtures to online activation. It takes ownership, courage and tough negotiations. Being constantly driven to see clearer solutions and drive better sales.
Increase overall awareness and sales of Dyson products through in store and event demonstrations
* Conduct planned demonstrations in assigned retail stores to achieve specified sales goals
* Capture consumers’ attention to participate in high energy, captivating in-store demonstrations and model all aspects of Dyson’s brand, culture, and passion for technology
* Be a credible product and brand expert by educating consumers on the benefits and features of Dyson products and actively listening to consumers to confidently recommend appropriate Dyson products and comfortably over objections
* Maintain responsibility for all demonstration and other POP material
* Assist with training of new Demonstrators as needed
Communicate clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner with accounts, peers, and District Demonstration Manager
* Actively monitor Dyson’s online reporting system to contribute quality feedback and report/confirm attendance
* Capture accurate demonstration data and communicate opportunities to District Expert Manager per established guidelines
* Build and maintain strong relationships with store personnel
* Maintain integrity of Dyson brand by ensuring accurate point of purchase signage, display maintenance, and pricing and promotional adherence
* Conduct training sessions with sales associates, department managers, and store managers on the Dyson product
* Audit displays and signage in retailers as well reporting on findings
Develop sales and relationships with retailers assigned in specific territory
* Achieve a high level of performance to the sales goals of assigned territory
* Delivery exemplary support and drives sales of Dyson products
* Plan, manage and participate in Events as driven by event/launch calendar
* Support Brand Focus Days, events and linear/fixture maintenance
Experience and Education
* HS Diploma or GED required
* Bachelor Degree a plus
* 1 year experience in a public interfacing role required
* Experience in a retail sales environment required
Skills, Competencies and Requirements
* Ability to work a minimum of 3 out of 4 weekends per month, including up to an hour a week for administrative work
* Must have a professional demeanor
* Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity at all times
* Strong communication and presentation skills essential
* Charismatic and outgoing personality
* Good understanding of retail business operations; local market knowledge is a plus
* Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Must be self-motivated and be able to work well independently
* Must be available to attend and actively participate in team meetings conference calls
* Must have a valid drivers license with good driving record; reliable transportation, and ability to travel within designated region
* Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 30 lbs., potentially overhead
* Access to a private computer and a cell phone with ability to send/receive text messages
* Ability to stand on your feet for up to eight hours at a time
Access to a private computer with the following software:
o Must have computer with Windows 7 or above or Apply Machine with software 10.9x or above.
o Must have Internet Explorer 7.x or above, Firefox 3.x or above, or Safari (Mac)
Cell phone with smart phone capabilities
* Minimum iOS 8.0 (iPhone 4S / iPad mini 1 / iPad 2)
* Recommended iOS 10 (iPhone 5 / iPad mini 2 / iPad 4th gen)
o Minimum software 4.0.3/4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (released 2011)
o Recommended software 6.0 Marshmallow / 7.0 Nougat
Dyson US monitors the market to make sure we offer competitive salaries and retirement plans. But financial rewards are just the start of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth and new opportunities are driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a dress code reflecting our creative engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.
Dyson is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dyson and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail with your contact information, the job number of the position for which you are interested in applying, and the nature of your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 706-2260. Determinations of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Dyson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities