Communications Lead - GB + Ireland
£Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
We are looking for someone to tell stories with us, leading Dyson communications strategy and execution across Great Britain, Ireland and the Nordics. The successful candidate will have outstanding relationships with media across the region, an innate ability to tell inspiring stories weaving together multiple narratives, and a leadership style that inspires and motivates.
- Devise and implement a world class communications strategy and programme of media engagement for Great Britain, Ireland and the Nordics (GBI&N) focused on telling stories around our core technology, our products, our people and places and the Dyson philosophy.
- Grow Dyson’s network and credibility across technology, beauty, lifestyle and enterprise journalists and influencers.
- Manage a small but effective team to deliver results and work as efficiently and effectively as possible, building strong, lasting relationships with media. In addition they will have responsibility for mentoring graduates in the Communications team.
- Manage budgets to ensure we have the tools and resource to ensure that we are showing our best face at all times and supporting the business objectives, putting our best foot forward.
We know who we are, we are looking for someone who can help up to shape the best strategy for GBI&N based on Dyson’s many and varied narratives. The ideal candidate will have had experience advising senior executives on how to communicate their vision and narratives. They will have a detailed knowledge of media having held senior level roles either in house, agency side, or media side.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in a senior management role focused on communications – either in-house, agency side or as a journalist.
- Demonstrable ability to engage across borders, building lasting relationships
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.