National HR Advisor - Remote
- This is a remote based role where a presence in Malmesbury each week is required.
- The HR Advisor will provide the day to day operational guidance and direction to the Retail Sales team to enable effective people management across all levels.
- You will give strategic insight to the people planning process that support longer term plans to recruit, retain and develop great people.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson is a technology business that values people above all else. This puts HR at the heart of the business – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Acquisition, Operations and Rewards. The HR Generalist function is the linchpin of all of these departments. We oversee every people-related decision, with unique knowledge of the bigger business and commercial objectives. Which makes us a vital voice in the boardroom at Malmesbury HQ. Today, more and more, our team is spread across the world. Yet we work as one to see Dyson succeed. Driven by the talent and ambition of our people.
- Maintaining and developing commercial knowledge of the rapidly changing business environment whilst providing appropriate challenge to the management team to be a key contributor of the business’s decision making process.
- Developing departmental people plans to drive and support delivery of core business objectives, working very closely with managers.
- Working to up-skill the Management capability on all management issues including performance management, absence management, and employee relations issues.
- Providing expert advice in all areas of HR policy and practice, keeping employment law knowledge current Relishing the opportunity to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role Identifying problems and finding solutions
- This role is a 50% field based / 50% office based position so a full clean driving licence is essential.
- Excellent generalist HR experience is essential
- A strong understanding of UK employment law
- Proven ability in coaching
- A high level of focus on the achievement of targeted results
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Company Car
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines