Global Head of Reward (Interim)
As Global Head of Reward (Interim) you will be responsible for leading and developing a world-class reward function, shaping Dyson’s future reward strategy.
Dyson’s global HQ is tucked away in the picturesque setting of the Cotswolds, in Malmesbury, England.
All on one campus we have – RDD, graphics, marketing, group functions and contact centre. But it’s not all work and no play – in 2015 the campus expanded to include The Lightning Café, where a 19-tonne English Electric Lightning Jet hangs from the ceiling, the Concorde Café, where an Olympus 593 Concorde engine sits around the corner and The Hangar – a multi-purpose sports facility. The building was designed by Wilkinson Eyre and has won several awards.
And the Dyson world is ever developing. Our home in Malmesbury is where it all began, but since then we have expanded into 75 countries worldwide, and the list is growing. We have world class design, innovation and manufacturing centres, along with spaces in global regions; Europe, Asia and the US to name a few. In 2017 we opened our newest engineering space, The Singapore Technology Centre, to help propel Dyson forward in the AI and software arena.
Retaining the best people is as important as finding them. And rewarding good work, generously and fairly, is a crucial part of this.
- Provide advice and guidance on all areas of reward and compensation across the global business.
- Make proposals and support Remuneration Committee activity. Undertake a review of all compensation, benefits and incentive programmes making proposals for discussion and agreement.
- Embed new compensation model across all geographies.
- Ensure operational delivery and data modelling are executed to the highest standards of accuracy.
- Develop relationships with key business leaders and stakeholders, to enable the function to anticipate business needs.
- Deliver an international mobility service to enable talent to effectively move around the Dyson globe.
- Develop the international reward team, enabling them to support the business effectively and to gain personal growth in their roles.
- Lead a best practice function which provides expertise in the area of reward to attract, motivate and retain employees globally.
- Experience of a reward function within a blue-chip environment and of creating best practice.
- Experience of leading a reward function within a private or entrepreneurial environment.
- A proven track record of operating at a strategic level including with an organisation’s Remuneration Committee.
- Global and multi-cultural experience, with particular focus on the UK and Asia.
- Sophisticated application of data and analytics to systemise and optimise decision making.
- Comprehensive knowledge of compensation from sales incentives through to pensions and LTIP programs.
- Previous experience delivering a Global Mobility service.
- Experience of managing a Remuneration Committee agenda and of drafting papers.
- Experience and understanding of executive remuneration – benchmarking and package construction.
- Knowledge and understanding of global employee benefits.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating an effective global mobility programme.
- Experience of operating and overseeing a global bonus plan and cash-based executive bonus plan/long-term incentive.
- Experience of delivering a global salary review process across more than 20 countries.
- Experience of conducting benefits reviews, from LTIP programs through to sales incentives.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.