Graduate Design Engineer - Motors
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to develop our advanced Dyson Digital Motors. Manufactured in-house, at an automated production facility, these motors are used exclusively in our market leading products to give us a key advantage in the global market.
By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to develop and support unique, high technology motors from a prototype stage through to mass manufacture.
Not too far away is our Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Conceptualise, Develop and Detail ideas for precision mechanical parts and layouts.
- Responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and design requirements from development stage to production part/tooling approval complete.
- Plan, organize and direct testing, processing and analysing of product improvement and failure mode.
- Participates in projects related to cost, quality, design and productivity using methodology such as Tolerance Stack, Process Capability (Cpk), FMEA, Minitab, etc.
- Deliver mechanical assemblies to meet the specifications and processes encompassing low cost, high volume manufacturing techniques.
- Review Engineering Change Requests; liaise with RDD and Manufacturing in drawing creation/3D CAD and BOM for the designs.
- Work with other simulation/electronic/mechanical engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met.
- Liaise with our In-house Manufacturing Team for engineering evaluations or special builds in support of productivity/quality improvement projects or cost reduction initiatives such as alternative parts/suppliers, engineering redesign, etc.
At least a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in design or material engineering
Between 2-4 years of mechanical design experience ideally related to precision machinery or complex mechanical assembly such as HDD, electric motors or turbochargers will be considered for a Design Engineer position.
Demonstrate a good understanding of the fundamentals of mechanics and mechatronics.
Demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving, and a desire to develop their design and development skills.
Demonstrate ability to work proactively, to identify issues and propose better solutions.
Proficiency in 3D CAD (Unigraphics), PLM and Minitab is an advantage.
Ability to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and coordinate with the work of others.
Good at communicating at all levels.
A self-starter and a team player.
A well rounded mix of experimental, theoretical and design skills.