Graduate Software Engineer
- Support Electronics/Senior Electronics Engineers to generate and evaluate the feasibility of control system designs across product design solutions
- To generate an increased understanding of electronics technologies within the design teams, through positive and proactive communication
- Turning product requirements into hardware and test specifications
- Perform testing and Validation, Failure analysis for return product from market or production
- Detailed System design work
- Ensuring detailed, accountable written records are kept
- Aid production introduction
- Effective collaboration and liaison with appropriate technical departments in Dyson UK and Dyson Malaysia
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Dyson offers a unique opportunity for talented individuals to design and develop market leading products for the global market. By working in our world class Research Design and Development department, these individuals have the opportunity to work alongside leading technical specialists and highly motivated creative people, to create products which fulfill our ambition of being truly different and better than our competitors.
Our Graduate Electronics Engineers will work under supervision of Electronics/Senior Electronics Engineers to design and develop Dyson’s expanding product portfolio. The projects are varied from design development to high volume product development.
- Participate in the software design, code implementation and validation of embedded software for the work products
- Generate software requirement specification, design documents and test specification
- Work closely with other team to optimize product performance
- Maintain current and well informed on embedded software engineering methodologies and technologies
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Electronics & Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 1-2 years experiences. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Strong basic understanding in major aspect of Electronics: Power Electronics, Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetics, optics, etc )
- Basic understanding on Embedded microcontroller based platforms,8-bit/16-bit microcontrollers (Atmel, PIC, Renesas, Freescale, TI, etc…) would be an advantage
- Experience using Schematic capture, PCB layout and simulation tools such as MATHCAD, MATLAB, etc would be an advantage
- A passion for engineering. Able to demonstrate how your ideas have made a difference
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Concern for accuracy: Consistently delivers the required level of accuracy and quality
- Attitude: Takes job responsibilities seriously, and conducts themselves in a positive and professional manner.
- Initiative and Proactive: Able to pre-empt problems and seize opportunities without waiting to be told
- Drive for results: Focuses on expedient delivery, to the right level of resolution and quality.
- Planning and Organizing: Able to develop clear, efficient and logical approaches to work.
- Flexibility: Willing to adapt thinking, behavior and activities to suit the requirements of different situations. Assists managers and colleagues with their requests, and is willing to work with people to deliver.
- Teamwork: Shows the willingness to put the goal of the team before personal goals, and the ability to build effective co-operative relationships with others.