R&D Electronics Engineer
Involve in design and development of electronics solution ( hardware ).Close collaboration with other relevant team such as manufacturing, Quality, procurement, other team within electronics department for delivery of electronics solution
In 2000, Dyson moved production from Malmesbury to Malaysia to be closer to our supply chains and open up international growth. The small team of 10 has now grown to almost 1,200 – forming Dyson’s second biggest global hub. Located in the exhilarating industrial heart of Johor, it’s also home to RDD, IT, operations, finance, creative and HR.
The RDD facility is central to our plans to launch 100 new machines in the next four years. To meet these ambitions, we recently expanded the site to 30,000m², with 50 advanced technology labs and 700 new engineers. In the Dyson world, there’s no more exciting place to be.
When you invent something, the right technology to support it often doesn’t exist. So we make our own. From advanced systems, components and power supplies to building a digital motor from scratch, Dyson electronics engineers have enabled Dyson ideas to become reality. As our future products rely more on robotics, connectivity, and complex sensing and navigation technologies, our high speed electronics will stand us apart. From designing the hardware to the systems that make Dyson machines as reliable as they are intelligent, our electronics engineers are central to our most pioneering RDD.
- Design, develop and implement specific solution for home appliances products using a range of electronics technologies
- Ensure design solutions meet product specifications and functional requirements (performance, reliability, DFM, cost and serviceability, compliance with international regulatory standards e.g. IEC, UL and EMC)
- Prototypes and implements new product design including analog and digital hardware and embedded software
- Produce detailed engineering materials including design schematics, PCB layout, Tolerance analysis, design notes, FMEA, Failure analysis report and technical review documents.
- Work with motor, mechanical, approval and test engineers to ensure product and system requirements are fully met.
- Assist manufacturing engineers to achieve design for manufacturer concept and optimal for high volume production environment
- Identify and warn of technical risks throughout the product life cycle. Investigate these risks through to resolution with testing and analysis as required
- Develop test methodology and conduct/drive electronics design verification & product validation test.
- Support reliability and quality engineers in field return analysis, quality and reliability improvement
- Involve in supplier audit to qualify and manage electronic components.
- Drive suppliers and contract manufacturer’s production process to meets Dyson requirements.
- Involve in electronics development process improvement activities
- Bachelor Degree in (Electrical/Electronics/Telecommunication ) or equivalent.
- At least minimum 3 years’ experience preferably personnel specializing in design and development of Electronics hardware circuits and system
- Design knowledge and experience in any of major aspect in Electronics such as Power Electronics, Motor control , Analogue, Digital and sensing technology with its interfacing (magnetic, optics, etc ) is preferred
- Have understanding on Embedded microcontroller based platforms, such as 8-bit/16-bit/ ARM Cortex microcontrollers would be an advantage
- Working Knowledge of Schematic capture, PCB layout software, such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience using simulation tools to support design calculations, tolerance analysis and documentation
- Sound Knowledge in Home Appliance Safety Requirement / Standard will be an advantage
- Full PDLC management experience/track record
- Experience in EMC troubleshooting will be an advantage
- Knowledge in Wiring design will be an advantage
- Experience is Design QA, DFM, DFX, DFMEA would be an advantage
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.