Graduate Engineer - App Developer
SGD Competitive Remuneration Package
Dyson began twenty one years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the world's number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer in the UK, US, Japan, Europe and Australasia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds, it’s also the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. And more recently a fan, Air Multiplier, with no blades or grille.
There are over 4000 in the world and we’re all inventive and hugely passionate about what we do. At our Development Centre in Johor Bahru, Malaysia & Singapore there are almost 1600 of us, a mixture of engineers and support staff, we are Dyson people that are encouraged to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. Our teams there will rise to more than 2000 over the next 2 years.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Design and build advanced applications for iOS or Android platform
- Work closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support
- Work directly with developers and product managers to conceptualise, build, test and realise products
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into robust and performance oriented functional solutions
- Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects
- Work with the front-end (consumer devices) developers and back-end (cloud web services) developers to build the interface with focus on usability, reliability and performance.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Standardising the platform and in some cases apps to deliver across multiple brands with minimal duplication of effort
- Optimise performance for the apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of other compiled languages
- Basic knowledge on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Basic knowledge of development using web technologies
- Basic understanding of OO programming and design patterns
- Experience building web and native apps
- Some Experience using social media APIs
- Using version control (e.g. Git)
- Basic debugging and optimisation skills
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
- Some understanding of the full mobile development life cycle