Graduate Pick Up Engineer
The Pickup Engineer is expected to assist in the day to day Engineering resolution of the various challenges faced by the Pickup Team. This includes ensuring a structured approach to problem solving and data analysis. This in turn will ensure we have a clear understanding of the results obtained and enable us to chart out the next steps until issue resolution.
- Improve and Design the technologies that clean dust and debris from surfaces, utilising proven and experimental scientific techniques
- Utilise signal acquisition and analysis techniques to measure system performance and quantify improvements
- Ensure new systems/technologies satisfy the targeted performance specification.
- Assist Quality, Procurement and Current Support teams with Pick Up issues related to existing products.
- Communicate with suppliers to develop test rigs and prepare engineering samples for new product investigations
- Occasional interface with Dyson UK teams during new product development.
- A Degree or Masters in Mechanical, Electro-mechanical, Mechatronics, Aero Engineering or a technical science subject
- Knowledge in hands of on experience in 3D CAD and measuring techniques of engineering parameters is desirable
- A basic understanding plastic / metal part design and process.
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written) and able to communicate with all levels