Graphics and Packaging Administrator
£Competitve + 27 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
We are looking for a coordinator to support our Graphics and Packaging Floorcare & Professional team in Malmesbury HQ. The core function of this role is to coordinate and to support the delivery of artwork to the production lines in Malaysia, ensuring the content is accurate and delivered on time. The Graphics and Packaging Coordinator provides important support to Graphics & Packaging Project Management team in UK and Change Management team in Malaysia, links with Launch Management teams, Commercial, Creative, Design Engineering teams both in UK and Malaysia and other internal stakeholders. The Graphics and Packaging Coordinator is responsible for: depending on business or project needs, writing detailed briefs to either create new or to change existing graphics, packaging and labelling materials; for documenting any changes to project graphics requirements to ensure there is a fully traceable historic record; for coordinating the communication between G&P team members and various stakeholders around the business in order to support the delivery of G&P materials to meet production deadlines; and for ensuring their successful implementation via electronic part management systems.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. In 2017, our HQ will double its footprint with an ambitious new expansion.
For a Dyson engineer, breaking the rules is part of the job. It’s what makes our products different. But the next great Dyson idea can’t change the world from a lab. To ensure our machines can be sold, there are some rules we need to stick to. From reviewing initial concepts to testing final components in our accredited test laboratories, our Compliance and Approvals team is a critical voice during the design phase. By making sure Dyson product are never kept off the shelf by global standards and legislation, we play vital role in supporting the growth of Dyson.
- Brief writing: discuss all packaging, labelling and graphics requirements with relevant teams (packaging design, engineering, creative, commercial, legal, IP, tech services, standards, compliance etc) to raise an accurate electronic brief in Censhare.
- Coordinating any revisions and updates, ensuring artwork changes are documented and traceable, supporting G&P Project Manager and Associate Project Manager in delivering graphics on cost, on spec and on time for each project.
- Supporting G&P Associate Project Manager in preparation and scoping of on-product graphics materials by cross-referencing existing historic materials, creative and new product requirements; checking information though part management systems; consolidating materials where appropriate to reduce waste, complexity and duplication.
- Assist G&P Project Manager and Creative in product sample reviews to ensure accurate and consistent on-board graphic application across the range.
- Supporting G&P Project Manager during Artwork set-up and Approval; checking that the artwork matches the brief, information in the electronic part management system and the product specification.
- Coordinating numerous projects running in parallel and consolidating graphics requirements and changes where appropriate.
- Working closely with G&P Change Management Coordinators in Malaysia to track timely and cost effective release of graphics to print to support production schedule; communicating and coordinating effective implementation of any graphics changes.
- Supporting G&P team, Engineering, Commercial team and other internal global stakeholders with any graphics & packaging-related queries.
- Representing the G&P team in weekly cross-functional cross-team meetings and video conferences, sharing status updates and relaying queries where appropriate.
- Demonstrable administration experience in a busy, project driven environment
- Competent and motivated self-starter
- Someone with excellent time management skills and able to work on own initiative
- Professional and efficient team worker
- Able to handle demanding workload, manage numerous projects at once and deliver to tight deadlines
- Very organised and have an excellent eye for detail
- Someone with good English language skills (written and verbal)
- Approachable, confident and flexible, with excellent communication skills
- Someone with strong relationship management, influencing skills and cultural sensitivity
- Proactive problem-solver
- Preferably qualified to degree level (2:1or above), but not essential
- Competency in a foreign language would be an advantage, but not essential
- Understanding of New Product Development process, as well as appreciation of Graphics & Packaging design and production process
- Good knowledge of Dyson product range
- Understanding of Marketing communications and activities
- Previous experience in working with electronic data/part/asset management systems
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.