Graphics and Packaging Project Manager
The Graphics Team is responsible for all Graphics and Packaging that is used in the manufacturing of Dyson products. The operation is split between the UK and Malaysia. The UK plays a strategic role in delivering these items, and the Malaysia team play a tactical part. Together they deliver effective, cutting edge solutions to Dyson’s graphics and Packaging.
- Ensure the team use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct specification, cost and time
- Coordinate and communicate between all teams within RDD, Global Operations and market to ensure effective and timely input. Resolve conflicts; lead solutions
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all graphics and packaging problems are resolved thoroughly.
- Be responsible for the approach, quality and accuracy of the team’s work.
- Work with teams to continuously improve the product development process.
- To ensure that all those participating within the project are given direction on what they need to do and when to deliver this by. Their remit stretches from agreeing the initial schedule through to driving to completion.
- The role forms the link between the UK & MY Graphics team resolving all the short term, day-to-day issues and long term project plans for information coming in from different parties that could affect the success of projects.
- Organize the construction of a schedule supporting the project.
- Defining different timelines for each individual element identified within the project.
- Set the goals and drivers from a production perspective.
- Establish milestones that need to be hit and measure against what has been achieved.
- Ensure that each project is drawn to a conclusion and that a true evaluation is obtained with the UK and Malaysia teams on every aspect so that we can ensure that we can improve the next project that is similar in content.
- Hold regular status meetings calling over the project so that everyone in the project group is clear as to what their actions are, and how the project is tracking.
- Ensure that reviews are held at critical points within the project to go into detail on production. Issue report on progress to all stakeholders.
- This role is to ensure the team of graphics & packaging use established Dyson development processes, good engineering practice and discipline to deliver a fully resolved solution to the correct specification, cost and time
- Coordinate and communicate between all teams within Graphics and Global Operations to market i.e distribution center ensure effective and timely input. Resolve conflicts; lead solutions
- Take an active, hands-on role to ensure that all project management issues are resolved thoroughly
- Be responsible for the approach, quality and accuracy of the team’s work
- Work with teams to continuously improve the product development process
- Work with both UK and SEA Graphics teams to ensure that all design and operational aspects are met to ensure smooth communication of projects
- Work with teams on Risk & Issue management and ensure mitigations
**Please apply with you updated latest CV
- Outstanding project management capabilities; i.e. planning, risk management, status reporting, benefits analysis, stakeholder management, resource management
- Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
- Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (i.e. common sense and not embarrassed to ask supposedly “silly” questions)
- Confident; comfortable with interacting without being tempted to dilute unpleasant news or back down from well-reasoned analysis
- Credible; ability to demonstrate a good level of understanding of engineering processes in order to work with design teams throughout the project development cycle
- Assertive; readiness to press teams to take remedial action when required
- This role requires close agreement on what can be delivered and by when with Engineering, Change Request, the UK and Production.
- Understanding the delivery requirements and time zone implications for global sectors of the business. This requires management of expectations and the delivery of those expectations.
Planning and allocating time for Management, Process development and Resource planning. Proactive Time and Task Management is the key to this role.
- Proven experience of leading successful teams and managing projects on time and to specification
- Strong experiences with graphics & packaging processes, with the ability to recommend & formulate best practices that will best suit Dyson environment is an advantage.
- Application skills – Microsoft Office
- A formal project Management qualification is desirable but not essential
- Project Management skills
- Communication, Planning/scheduling skills
- Organizational skills
- Product knowledge
- Experience in Graphics environment
- Experience in a multination company
Dyson Malaysia monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries, bonuses and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy generous leave, a transport allowance and medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.