Grounds Maintenance Operative
22,000 - 24,500 + Benefits
Reporting to an experienced Grounds Maintenance Team Leader the small but agile team will initially support and work in conjunction with a third party contractor to ensure all external areas are maintained to a high standard and meets our environmental aspirations. The applicant must have enthusiasm and drive, enjoy challenges and change and bring a flexible approach to the role.
The Dyson Property Portfolio is growing. The expansion of the existing Campus at Malmesbury and the future development of a larger one at Hullavington requires the services of a team to maintain both the hard and soft landscaped areas at both locations.
Dyson’s facilities team looks after the nuts and bolts of Dyson – our places, spaces, inside and out. They’re a practical and a creative bunch, responsible for making sure that everyone works in a comfortable, creative, safe and productive environment. With new markets, offices and stores opening every year, that's a challenging task. They also work with our secruity team, keeping our secrets secret. Our daily environment can make all the difference, that’s why the facilities team works closely with every team and everyone from Directors to graduates, to make Dyson a great place to work. And there are plenty of exciting projects planned in that department.
Participate proactively to deliver a high quality standard of workmanship covering all aspects of grounds maintenance including, but not restricted to -
- Grass cutting, hedge cutting, weed control, pruning and litter collection etc
- Participate in any seasonal activities, i.e. gritting and snow clearance as required, including out of normal working hours and inclusion on a call out roster
- Provide a responsive and professional service to stakeholders, dealing promptly with issues arising and if necessary escalating to the team leader
- Carry out all works in accordance with company Health and Safety Policy and procedures Proactively report any deficiencies in plant, equipment or damaged infrastructure to the team leader
- Previous experience of grounds maintenance work in a commercial setting
- Possession of PA1 and PA6 would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided as necessary
- Experience in the use of garden/grounds machinery desirable
- Positive attitude
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Full UK Driving licence
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.