HR Advisor - Engineering
You will provide operational support to the engineering teams and its HR Business Partners, delivering a wide range of processes and issues directly with the business, projects, managing and analysing data and reports. The HR team is focused on driving Dyson’s people agenda by developing great talent within the business and is dedicated to creating and maintaining an environment where outstanding people can do their best work.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson’s culture is unique; dynamic, inventive, technology-obsessed and decidedly un-corporate. The mindset is geared to constant change and Dyson’s pace brings constant challenge. It’s not easy or comfortable, but it’s this way of working that drives performance. Dyson suits people with the courage and resilience to find their own way, spotting opportunities where others don’t, and having the self-belief to persevere where others give up. “Good enough” isn’t good enough. Experiences are more important than experience. And attitude counts as much as aptitude.
- Demonstrate strong professional credibility and build on-going relationships as a trusted advisor with managers and leaders across RDD and Operations
- Work closely with the business to drive core people processes. Manage and provide advice and recommendations on all people related issues.
- Coach, challenge and influence managers to develop leadership and team capability.
- Support the HR Business Partners in end to end organisational change that will improve the overall business performance and ensure our teams are as effective as they can be as well as being future ready.
- Work closely with the relevant HR teams and HR Business Partners to define, deliver and measure Dyson’s culture and engagement initiatives across RDD and Operations.
- Support HR Business Partners, recruitment teams and hiring managers to hire the appropriate talent efficiently
- Provide advice and guidance on all HR policies and processes, resolve day to day queries effectively and support and coach people managers when dealing with ER issues.
- Review and analyse data to produce reports for key employee metrics (e.g. turnover, headcount, and absence), identifying and investigating possible implications of issues/trends that show up as well as driving solutions and continuous improvement initiatives
- Support business initiatives through participating in multi-function project teams as required.
- Educated to degree level
- Sound knowledge of UK employment law
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written is essential
- Proven ability to plan and implement projects/initiatives
- Analytical skills; quickly evaluates data / situations and reaches conclusions
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching skills and a passion for developing people
- Ability to work with appropriate attention to detail and high standards, whilst still working at pace
- Experience of working in an entrepreneurial or engineering organisation would be highly desirable
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines