HR Generalist - South Korea
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
Dyson Korea as well as global is growing rapidly by superior and innovative technologies delivered to market and challenging the status quo. We don’t rest, we work for continuous and high growth, and therefore, we have many new technologies to deliver to market.
Korea is one of the most important and fastest markets for Dyson worldwide. Dyson operates with a distributor partner in the market and in order to support the continued growth, is creating its own subsidiary locally.
Dyson is a technology business that values people above all else. This puts HR at the heart of the business – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Acquisition, Operations and Rewards.
The HR Generalist function is the linchpin of all of these departments. We oversee every people-related decision, with unique knowledge of the bigger business and commercial objectives. We work as one to see Dyson succeed, driven by the talent and ambition of our people.
HR Generalist activity
- Own the delivery of key people processes such as probation, employee movements, absence management, and performance management.
- Support the recruitment process including liaising with hiring managers as needed, booking rooms for interviews, tracking of candidates and potential hires in the recruitment system, assisting work visa applications when required, assist with relocation logistics and producing all contract documentations.
- Talent Acquisition - plan and implement employer branding activities to advertise Dyson as an employer to identify and attract top candidates in the market based on current and future talent needs
- Act as the first contact point to respond to issues and queries raised by people managers and employees by:
- providing guidance on HR policies, processes, procedures and practices
- working with the Head of HR to support people managers with performance management and employee relations situations (e.g. performance improvement plans, capability problems, disciplinary scenarios and grievances).
- escalating and reporting the issues to Head of HR as deemed appropriate
- Coordinate and/or conduct training and development sessions.
- Understand employee engagement drivers and translate them into employee communication activities to support the enhancement of employee engagement.
- Drive timely quarterly Labour Management Council meetings with the defined groups and ensure the proper documentations are in place as required by the law.
- Review and analyse data and reports for key employee metrics (e.g. turnover, headcount); identify, investigate and flag potential implications of issues or trends.
- Work with the Head of HR to participate in the review of HR policies, processes and procedures, apply a pragmatic and business focused approach whilst ensure the compliance to local legislations.
- Work with relevant HR colleagues in the wider HR team to ensure knowledge and best practice is shared.
- Proactively spot the opportunities to improve the ways of working and support the business; identify problems and find solutions.
- Relish the opportunity to take up new initiatives that drive the people agenda and help the business perform.
- Support the whole on boarding process; work with all related stakeholders including agency, visa and relocation vendors, new hire, and the hiring manager to ensure a smooth on boarding and inductions.
- Produce standard and variations to contract and HR letters, and coordinate the changes with other stakeholders.
- Maintain all employee information on the HRIS, ensuring all data are accurate and up-to-date.
- Day-to-day liaison with external HR service providers on managing the payroll, benefits, insurance, pension as required.
- Review the annual benefits renewal polices and manage the renewal process.
- Provide accurate and timely payroll inputs and work with Finance and the external payroll vendor on the monthly payroll process.
- Challenge existing administrative processes as appropriate in order to implement more effective and creative solutions.
- Maintain a systematic way of HR documents filing and the tidiness of HR storage areas.
- Generate ad-hoc HR reports and analysis as required and assist a variety of projects as required.
- Process HR related expenses
- Cover for other team member during holidays, sickness etc.
- At least 5 years’ HR generalist experience
- Skilled in providing pragmatic, tailored HR advice
- Experience in supporting people managers with employee relations issues
- Experienced in HRIS and HR systems
- Bachelor’s Degree holder or equivalent
- Strong written and spoken English and Korean languages
- Sound knowledge of Korean labour law
- Ability to communicate and present with confidence and conviction
- Good problem solving skills
- Good influence and negotiation skills
- Computer literate, especially with MS Office
- Proven ability to plan and implement projects and initiatives
- Self-starter who also sees things to completion
- Intelligent, quick-thinking, logical
- Results driven
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude; embraces opportunities
- Strong team player who enjoys supporting, sharing, learning with the team
- Improvements focused; likes to challenge and better current ways of doing things