HR Placement Programme (12-months) 2017
£17,000 PA, pro rata - benefits include 27 days holiday + pension + free on-site gym
Malmesbury, Wiltshire - South Cotswolds, 45 mins Bath/Bristol area
During this 12-month placement you will rotate through two, 6-month placements supporting Talent Acquisition and Development and our HR operations teams. You’ll contribute from day one and gain valuable exposure to the Global HR function. And if it works out for both parties, there could be an offer of Graduate employment at the end.
Dyson is about technology. Technology created, and brought to market, by people. Human Resources is plugged into the nervous system of Dyson – with specialist functions for Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations and Rewards. HR generalists link these all together; overseeing every people-related decision. As a placement student within HR, you can support all of this, gaining a unique insight into Dyson's commercial objectives.
Rotating through 2 different placements you will have a valuable role to play in the respective teams; taking on real responsibility, learning about the key HR processes, methodologies, relevant legislation, systems and the different roles within a Global HR function. More specifically, you can expect the following:
Talent Acquisition & Development rotation – supporting a range of projects, you’ll learn how we support our business growth by locating and attracting talent to Dyson. You’ll utilise cutting edge sourcing approaches to engage, shortlist and assess across a range of roles. Or you could be assisting in the rollout of development programmes; supporting the team with coordination of events, liaison with delegates, and ad hoc project support. You’ll potentially gain exposure to a range of programmes – from early careers to senior Leadership and gain an understanding of the challenges of recruitment and retention in the competitive recruitment landscape that we operate in.
HR Operations rotation – This team support each individual Dyson journey: from setting up new starters, to processing changes as their careers develop. In this rotation you will provide high quality, accurate and efficient HR administrative services to understand our ways of working. But you’ll also have the opportunity to make improvements. As we grow there are various continuous improvement projects with HR generalists or the Reward Team requiring the input of creative problem-solvers.
For the duration of your placement, your impact will be reviewed with regular performance conservations. Opportunities for development can be tailored for the strongest candidates – and if this could be just the start. We very much hope to identify future HR Graduates through this programme, and you could go back to you final year with a job offer upon Graduation.
- You'll be an undergraduate currently seeking a 12-month business placement form September 2017, expecting to graduate in 2019.
- Your degree discipline can be in any subject area. Attitude is more important to us.
- Numeracy and analytical skills are a must; you'll be comfortable undertaking research, compiling findings and writing papers. You'll be expected to present ideas and take part in discussions with HR colleagues so you'll be articulate, quick to build credibility with a professional, have-a-go approach.
- You'll need to be able to work equally well in a team as well as on your own initiative. Partnering with the business you'll be skilled at building relationships, making networks, collaborating as required.
- We'll want to see an understanding of the role of a commercially focussed HR function and your motivation to explore a career in this area.
- Due to our continued global expansion, the desire to work with a global business is preferred, and languages would be a bonus.