HSE & Business Continuity Manager SEA
Dyson opened its new Singapore Technology Centre earlier this year. In this ambitious, top secret centre, some of the world’s brightest engineering minds continually push the boundaries of science & technology. Our Facilities team is equally ambitious, sitting at the centre of Dyson.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Develop and standardize HSE policy, procedures, training, best practices across SEA
- Establish system for tracking and monitoring HSE performance for operations in SEA
- Derive and lead company-wide HSE program and/or promotion specific to business need
- Review incident investigation, monitor effectiveness of corrective / preventive actions
- Plan and conduct HSE audit on operations in SEA, follow up to ensure effective closure
- Identify and advise on training need for site operations (formulate / guide internal training)
- Develop and maintain platform to share HSE information across all sites in SEA
- HSE advisor (occupational safety & fire safety) for new facilities setup / major fit-out within SEA
- Liaison between the business units and local government agencies for new operation setup
- Improve on HSE aspect of contractor evaluation and selection (rating and infraction)
- Participate in Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Committee for all sites
- Prepare the company for ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 certification
- Lead and provide technical guidance to site Safety Officer when necessary
- Key contact for external audit (CSR, insurance, customer, etc.)
- Develop Business Continuity (BC) plan for operations within SEA, aligning with expectation from HQ
- Conduct regular threat analysis with stakeholder and review BIA with head of business unit
- Propose suitable BC program and lead / advise on improvement project relating to BC
- Plan and conduct exercise to validate BC plan, identify area for improvement
- Partner with BC Manager in HQ and constantly review the BC objectives and MTPD
- Influence supplier and Contract Manufacturers to implement BC planning and implementation
- Possess WSH qualification and registered with MOM
- Familiar with environmental, fire safety, ISO & OHSAS requirement
- Min. 6 years’ experiences in relevant fields.
- Self-starter, well organized and pragmatic approach towards resolving HSE issues
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.