Head of Channel Business Management & GTM Executions
Starting salary will be determined by experience and credentials
As Head of Channel Business Management & GTM Executions (Control Tower), this senior level position with the Dyson US Sales will lead the Dyson US Sales team’s channel management, strategic planning and execution to increase sales, gross margin and company’s growth plan. You will work collaboratively across key functions (i.e. sales, category, marketing, finance, operations) to craft strategic and operational decisions through data-based analytical thinking. You will provide market and channel insights to Sell-In team to analyse business opportunities and will be charged with balanced achievement of gross margin maximization (including product and channel mix) and sustainable business management (sell-out based PSI planning). Establish and deploy BPR (business process re-engineering) through structured project management and relationships. Manage day-to-day interactions while creating scales that drive long term transformation.
Strategic Channel Planning & Execution
- Develop channel strategy working with Category Leads to pivot business executions to achieve 2017-2020 channel re-balance and product mix strategy
- Implement monthly optimization models utilizing industry best-practice processes such as CPFR and PDCA with 90-day out PSI line-of-sight to constantly and timely deploy tactical actions (within 30-45 days) and activate strategic actions (45+ days) to achieve sales objectives
- In collaboration with Sales Directors/National Account Managers, Category Leads with support of Finance Planning and other functional groups, develop and execute channel portfolio plan including account strategy and annual account JBP with execution details
- Lead activities on trade and promotion investment to execute account P&L management , trade term contents and trade term change management
- Launch "Key Selling Season Game Plan (Pre-planned Promotion)", such as target setting, pre-planned promotion planning and pre-planned promotion execution
- Prepare content for key dealer decks and provide directional and strategic consulting for key customer meetings to achieve optimized business results
GTM Execution & Analytics:
- Combine creative thinking, command of analytical methods by gathering and synthesizing relevant data and a sophisticated understanding of store level performance with the support of the O9 data science team to structure and execute Top 1K GTM strategy
- Evaluate Top 1K doors’ performances (including fixture and Experts) by modelling performance reflecting plausible scenarios or illustrating the limits of tolerable risk range (ie return payback scenarios relative to investment risk tolerance range
- Lead and mentor Sell-Out data insight team to ensure the relevance and reliability of the data sources, the accuracy of reports, analytical soundness, and timely delivery of work product
- Provide Expert deployment and prioritization work based on door strategic importance, hub and spoke efficiencies and on-going improvement of financial and business performance metrics
- Bachelor Degree or plus required
- 10 years+ experience in sales/national account sales and management experience in required; 15+ years preferred.
- Strong sales and negotiation skills and contract negotiation experience
- Leadership skills for effective communication, influencing and persuasion
- Ability to understand the Dyson brand and uphold its integrity
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think strategically and develop long-term plans for the business
- Solid understanding of and ability to manage a P&L and Balance Sheet
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.