Head of Commercial Operations (Contract Manufacturing)
Tasked with ensuring that Dyson commercial and financial objectives are aligned with the overall manufacturing strategy, the Head of Commercial will be responsible for the product allocation strategy in line with Dyson Blue Print and transformation program.
In this role you will create product transfer plans with Operations in line with commercial objectives. This will include defining and executing the right business processes to ensure governance and control of spend and cost. This role will require someone to Identify and lead cost optimization initiatives in relation to manufacturing by partnering closely with outsourcing partners.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Global manufacturing organization encompasses the management of all supply chain functions from procurement in each tier of the supply chain, to management of the first tier manufacturing assembly factories in Singapore, Malaysia and Philippines.
What you will do...
- In collaboration with key stakeholders from engineering, operations and finance, develop and recommend contract manufacturing (CM) strategies considering technology road map, growth plan, costs and risks.
- Lead RFQ and CM selection process for all new products that come through Dyson development cycle which may include ODM (Original Design Manufacture) models.
- Lead contractual negotiations and execution in line with the relevant contact manufacturing services agreement. Develop and implement procedures to govern suppliers.
- Ensure commercial awareness amongst relevant internal stakeholders. Mediate and advise on conflicts /dispute resolution/exposure claims.
- Support monthly operations meetings with CMs. Manage CM scorecards and ensure completion and compilation for quarterly performance reviews.
- Continue to develop Dyson vertical integration with CM’s working with operations team to develop CM capabilities and turnkey solutions for Dyson supply base.
- Ensure contractual obligations are closely complied with and immediately intervene to rectify/prevent non-compliance.
- In collaboration with operations, develop and propose cost reduction initiatives through innovation and best practices.
- Review source locations and cost competitiveness between regions.
What you should have...
- Degree in Engineering / Commerce with commercial experience within industry for a min of 10-15 years.
- Manufacturing Operations environment experience is highly preferable, (ideally in consumer electronics manufacturing)
- Leadership experience in dealing with OEM/ EMS/ CM/ODM (Preferable) and with a desire have hands on involvement in processes.
- Possess sound understanding on South East Asia procurement & legal regulations.
- Possess strong business acumen, communication, advocacy and negotiation skills.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.