Head of Commercial Contracts/ Contract Manufacturing
Tasked with ensuring that Dyson commercial and financial objectives are aligned with the overall manufacturing strategy. The Head of Commercial will be responsible for the product allocation strategy in line with Dyson Blue Print and transformation programme.
In this role you will create product transfer plans with Operations in line with commercial objectives. This will include defining and executing the right business processes to ensure governance of control of the spend and cost. This role will require someone to Identify and lead cost optimization initiatives in relation to manufacturing by partnering closely with outsourcing partners. This will include working with Dyson teams to ensure smooth operations with partners and manage risk.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Global manufacturing organization encompasses the management of all supply chain functions from procurement in each tier of the supply chain, to management of the first tier manufacturing assembly factories in Singapore, Malaysia and The Philippines. The manufacturing engineering director shall manage multiple department heads, bridging across various technical functions including manufacturing engineering and injection molding tooling from NPI to EOL.
• Recommend CM strategy to SEA Exec considering technology road map, growth plan, cost and risk
• Oversee contract negotiations and contract execution in line with the manufacturing contract and operations manual
• Review and rewrite (as required) the contracts and the operations manual with stakeholders
• Responsible for dealing with matters between Dyson and CMs which breach the terms of the agreed contract
• Manage bidding process and product allocation for all new products that come through the Dyson development cycle. Assist SEA Exec in establishing the product allocation strategy to best suit the Dyson growth plans
• Oversee cost down activities within operations (lean/ efficiency)
• Manage CM scorecards and ensure completion and compilation for quarterly performance reviews
• Support monthly operations meetings with CMs
• Settle and advise on conflicts/ dispute resolution/ exposure claims
• Assist Procurement with CPO set up and execution
• Work with RDD on speed project allocations encompassing tool making, moulding, painting and assembly
• Ensure all commercial activity is supported and identify & resolve all contract & commercial issues
• Ensure internally the business understands the contract & its obligations
• Develop and implement procedures of contract management and administration. Contribute to company policies that affect or are affecting by the CMs and contracts
• Monitor competitive terms and benchmark externally
• Ensure the CMs fully support the Dyson CSR programme
• Manage all contract close outs, extensions and renewals
• Identify potential turnkey solutions for the entire manufacturing package on specific projects
• Review source locations and cost competitiveness between regions
• Senior level experience of dealing with OEM/ EMS/ CM
• Strong commercial background within a Manufacturing/ Engineering environment
• High degree of strategic thinking and execution
• Proven leadership qualities
• Senior experience of Operations/ Plant management
• Ability to remain objective in high pressure situations
• Understanding and experience of SEA procurement & legal regulations
• Proficient in using analytical tools and techniques
• Self motivated, accurate and highest ethical standards
• Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree8 years+ experience in a procurement/ manufacturing environment
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Capable in planning and project management
• Strong business acumen, ability to analyse data and spot anomalies
• Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy a transport allowance and comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are just the start of a Dyson career. Professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realising ambition.