Head of Customer Care - South Korea
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
The main objective of the role is to champion the Customer and their needs throughout the South Korea business, aligning the strategy and operating model to meet business objectives, driving best in class service through capable, engaged customer facing teams and delivering an integrated customer service strategy.
The role will be based in the Dyson Korea office, reporting to the General Manager, and will manage the Customer Care & Repair Care Managers.
Korea is one of the most important and fastest markets for Dyson worldwide. Dyson operates with a distributor partner in the market and in order to support the continued growth, is creating its own subsidiary locally.
Our Customer Care team exemplifies Dyson’s problem-solving ethos. There’s no query our teams can’t answer. And there’s no fault our Service technicians can’t fix.
Driven to turn owners into passionate advocates of the brand, our team makes each experience rewarding. It requires in-depth knowledge and genuine passion for Dyson technology. So we never miss an opportunity to talk about Dyson’s latest technology – and sell products as well as solve problems. Responding to calls, emails, online enquiries and social media, our team is constantly evolving to give better service to Dyson customers.
- Define the Customer Service strategy and deliver the best operating model to deliver the South Korea Business strategy
- Play an active and integral role in the development and delivery of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programme
- Identify opportunities for improvement of Dyson customer service, influencing the broader customer service experience as well as the Customer Care and Customer Service/Repair Centres
- Ensure the business model for customer repairs allows them to be processed and completed as efficiently and effectively as possible, both from a customer service and a cost perspective.
- Work with the local and group teams to ensure pro-active steps are taken to maximize our customers experience through the reliability and quality of our products
- Ensure the customer is at the centre of everything we do
- Develop and deliver methods for benchmarking Dyson Customer Service to ensure best in class
- Maximize appropriate use of technology to improve customer experience while improving efficiency
- Drive Customer Service P&L improvement
- Establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders across both the business, Group and other Markets
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure Customer Service is included in strategy, plans and discussions, for both current product and NPD
- Actively forge partnerships with wider Global Dyson Customer Service team to drive shared goals for improvement
- Work with Marketing/Sales/others to drive and deliver opportunities from long-term customer relationships
- Ensure excellent internal communication with business units and Customer Service team to help foster a customer-centric culture
- Identify opportunities for new revenue generation
- Establish analysis and reporting of revenues and costs to highlight areas of opportunity
- Identify opportunities throughout Customer Service to minimize operating costs
- Ensure level of resource is appropriate to level of activity
- Drive the development and implementation of policies and procedures throughout customer service to maximize operational efficiency and profitability
- Create and support a customer-centric environment in Dyson Korea, also across all 3rd party vendors
- Lead and manage the Customer Care & Repair Care Managers to drive and deliver best in class Customer Service from our 3rd party call and repair centres, to ensure they are in line with global Dyson standards
- Lead by example in regular, timely, two-way communications in terms of briefings, 1:1s, Focus Groups, etc.
- Evidence of extensive customer service experience, with full P&L ownership of their department
- Experience managing a small team
- Experience driving, implementing and managing change
- Active member of Senior Leadership team
- Extensive experience in consumer focused businesses
- Degree qualification or above
- Experience working in a matrix reporting environment
- Good systems/process knowledge with an emphasis on business process improvement and reengineering
- Proven expertise in world class customer care best practices
- Excellent team leadership abilities
- Exceptional Influencing skills
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills
- Strong team player capable of building and motivating teams
- Proven business planning capability
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Big picture thinker who identifies opportunities that are not obvious
- Consultative and collaborative approach
- Decisive and excellent influencer
- Real self starter who has proven experience and takes huge personal responsibility to go out of their way to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Energetic, engaging and positive approach
- Assertive, prepared to see through plans and overcome objections
- Analytical thinker, intelligent, quick-thinking, alert
- Calm, logical, comfortable with all levels
- Results driven
- Proven people management capability and leadership ability
- Comfortable in both strategic and operational mode
- Creative and inspiring, a great communicator and with the ability to deliver results, engage the wider teams, network well across Dyson and have a real passion to build something great.