Head of Customs APAC
SGD Competitive remuneration package
You will be part of Dyson’s global customs compliance team, working closely with the Head of Customs and Head of Finance Operations to drive forward customs compliance in Asia, supporting the Asia business needs on a wide range of customs matters and managing the regional customs team in Malaysia (Johor Bahru). This is a great opportunity for an experienced customs manager to make a difference in a global, innovative technology company.
- Lead customs compliance function in Asia
- Work with the Global Head of Customs to develop world class customs compliance function throughout Dyson
- Support Asia region with technical customs advice
- Lead and implement customs related projects in Asia
- Develop and grow the Malaysian and Philippines customs teams
- Develop good working relationships with other departments, Dyson entities and external parties (suppliers and distributors)
- Develop good working relationships with external manufacturers to drive forward their customs compliance performance
- Manage external suppliers
- Maximise duty saving opportunities
- Minimum10 years customs experience with at least 5 years being at a senior manager level
- Strong leadership with great analytical skills and a good team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of logistics/supply chain in international business
- Must be commercial
- Must be self-motivated, resilient and the ability to influence others not in direct line of responsibility.
- Great project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel within Asia