Head of Engineering
As the Head of Data Engineering & Architecture, you will ensure successful development of data sets, pipelines, and other productionised workloads. You will lead a multidisciplinary teams composed of data engineers, data architects, digital analytics developers, and data migrations specialists. This is an exciting leadership role for someone who enjoys collaboratively delivering technical excellence at scale.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
This role will report to the Director of Data and sits within the Global Data and Analytics team. This team is tasked with ensuring that the various parts of Dyson's business are able to leverage rich, accurate, and timely data to generate insights and make better decisions. One of IT’s five core capabilities, the team has the resources and the remit to keep up with Dyson's impressive global growth.
- The Product & Data Science leaders in the team will be looking to you to help them bring new products and prototypes to life. In many ways, your team is the analytical “engine room”. In addition, you will undertake development activities to help grow the Data and Analytics team, both in terms of people and skills.
- Taking a lead on project work, you will be continually encouraged to devise innovative solutions, to help maximise the value of Dyson’s data assets by helping transform data into insight.
- You will focus on, owning and future proofing the data architecture and solution design for analytics work globally
- Support the definition of a technology strategy or target operating model for data & analytics
- Demonstrate thought leadership in data analytics area, and driving innovation across Dyson
- Managing key stakeholder relationships, such as with data science, product, and functions etc.
- Intensely developing your team’s skillsets, through inspiring, mentoring, and weekly coaching
- You will embody a collaborative approach to deliver technology solutions that enable tangible business benefits.
- Solid foundations on distributed system and asynchronous programming principles and how these apply to modern data systems
- Streamlines the delivery of highly available big data solutions as a service for a major organization (DataOps)
- Trading-off functionality, reliability, scalability, security, and compliance to deliver incrementally better solutions via quick iterations
- Producing architecture diagrams for enterprise data and analytics solutions including conceptual, logical and physical
- Managing the collection, preservation, and retirement of enterprise data assets to support application migrations, historical management reporting, and regulatory compliance.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sports centre
- Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discount on Dyson machines