Head of Data Transformation
This role will use his/her transformation experience – either in large programme delivery or technology transformation – to deliver business-wide change to the data landscape across Dyson. Joining a motivated and well-structured team, the post holder will work with business and IT teams, in conjunction with the Data Governance Lead to deliver complex, long-lasting and fundamental change to Dyson’s data landscape.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson learnt an early lesson in the value of legal might, winning a gruelling battle against Hoover when it infringed our early cyclone technology patents. Our in-house legal teams have been at the forefront of Dyson ever since. From the information security experts and IP teams doggedly protecting our ideas. To the commercial lawyers and procurement specialists who solve our toughest business challenges across the world.
Reporting to the Data Governance Lead, you will be responsible for:
- Managing, directing and motivating a large-scale (global) team through a demanding programme
- Scoping system and data changes, alongside senior business and IT leads
- Creating a robust approach to delivery, balancing pace with prudent planning
- Interacting regularly with senior business leads to sequence changes and manage expectations
- Advising Data Governance Lead on risks, issues and taking proactive steps to mitigate
- Taking responsibility for robust delivery and personal ownership for issue resolution
- Building business-wide and IT-wide partnerships that are sustained through delivery challenges
- Bringing insights on data governance and information management standards
- Implementing step-change improvements to data governance and information management
A combination of outstanding transformation skills and strong delivery abilities is essential. You must be a decisive change agent, motivating leader and come with a comprehensive set of transformation capabilities to be able to deliver sustained change and proactively overcome the challenges that delivery typically offers.
- First class transformation and delivery skills
- Experience of delivering complex technology programmes and/or data transformations, with a comprehensive understanding of the essential and nuanced components of successful programme delivery, including stakeholder engagement and reporting, proactive risk and issue management, and delivery controls.
- Experience of navigating business, IT and supplier (including 3rd party vendor) challenges, such that relationships are sustained, changes are delivered, and there is limited perceivable disruption to ongoing operations
- Experience of digital/data architectures and platforms, sufficient to robustly challenge solution architecture approaches, suggest alternative ways of approaching delivery, and work with suppliers to shape complex solutions
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines