Head of Electrical Retail Activation
£Competitive + Bonus
As our Head of Electrical Retail Activation you will develop and execute the Retail Activation strategy for Germany in the electrical retail channel. You will manage, coach and train the Retail Activation field team and support them to overachieve their targets.
Dyson is a global technology company founded in 1993 in Malmesbury, UK. Over 10,000 people, including James Dyson himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. It's all about better ideas and better technologies to solve other people problems.
Since 1998 Dyson can be found on the German market. Over 130 people are responsible for the marketing and selling of all our Dyson products. We are on a significant expansion drive and have many exciting plans for the future, come and join us as we shape the future of retail and technology.
Dyson stores are there to excite people about Dyson technology. With the design aesthetic of an art gallery, there’s no standing back and observing: the mission is to get Dyson technology into people’s hands. Regular events run in partnership with PR and marketing teams bring people through the door, as well as local incentives. And it’s not just about vacuum cleaners – half of Dyson machines sold through our stores will be from other technology categories. Dyson machines work differently, so those who sell them need to think differently and understand complex engineering. The most important requirement for anyone working at Dyson? Know our technology inside and out.
· Responsible for increasing “controlled retail environment” delivery (fixtures, experts, staff, retail events and activation, store retailer relationships) in all third party electrical retail stores across Germany: locking in consumers into Dyson experience
· Work closely with Dyson Key Account Management team and marketing teams to ensure the execution of our retail activation strategy
· Establish and manage process for monitoring and interpreting sell out data on a weekly/ monthly basis with clear call to action to improve executions and results
· Increase “hands on” and granular approach mindset
· Leadership responsibility and development of field team (currently about 20, growing potential)
· Implement sell through activities, car park to machine perfect delivery and all other necessary activities to blow out Dyson local execution
· Find new opportunities to increase conversion for Dyson brand & products
The ideal candidate will be decisive and an outstanding influencer, a self-starter who sees things from planning to completion and energetic in their approach with an entrepreneurial flair. Not afraid of speed and challenges.
· About 10 years experience of working in a high performing sales team
· Have led a large and effective field sales team
· Sell through based mindset
· Excellent team leadership abilities - empower and develop members of team
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· High level of communication skills both verbal and written (in English & German)
· Excellent personal and business presentation skills
· Financial knowledge
· Analytically minded, able to work with KPIs and trackers
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.