Head of Finance
Calamba, Laguna Philippines
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially.
The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
The team will be fully responsible for the site’s financial reporting, control and compliance. It will work closely with the SEA offices in Singapore and Malaysia as well as Group Finance in the UK to achieve all its deliverables.
- Lead discussion on business strategy and develop this into an executional plan for the site
- Drive discussions and implementation of expansion and growth plans for the site
- Establish the overall control environment in the Philippines
- Identify performance gaps within the operations and lead in the closure of these gaps
- Ensure that the financial controls framework is robust and that the financial accounting processes and reporting are in compliance with local and international accounting standards
- Ensure the timely delivery of financial and management reporting which are produced to the highest standards
- Ensure tax & transfer pricing compliance
- Drive multi stakeholder finance and systems change programmes
- Drive continuous significant process improvements throughout finance
- Deliver accurate cash flow forecasting and overhead and capital expenditure control to budget
- Lead interactions with external organisations - banks, auditors and government organisations
- Oversee the legal and PEZA compliance framework for Philippines
- Qualified accountant with at least 15 years of experience with a solid background in accounting and finance
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferable
- Strong educational background and academic track record, demonstrating the intellectual bandwidth to grasp and manage complex issues
- Analytical and problem solving mindset to tackle daily operations issues from multiple angles
- Proven track record of delivering change
- Inherent ability to plan and deliver systematic improvements to financial and business processes
- Excellent personal and business presentation skills, in particular the interpretation and presentation of financial information to non-finance people
- Project management skills
- Team leadership – skilled at goal setting, engaging, creating commitment and driving performance, developing people and building talent
- Engages and leads others with ease. Creates a sense of direction and commitment. Has an engaging, energetic and positive approach to lead, motivate and inspire.
- ighly developed communication and influencing skills, with the ability to report and interact effectively at the operations as well as at executive/board level
- Familiar with the complexities and subtleties of working and managing across business borders and with distant reporting lines; proven experience of engaging and influencing in matrix and cross-cultural situations.
- Strong team player and naturally collaborative in approach to develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with senior leaders throughout the Dyson business.
- High integrity and professionalism. Calm, logical and at ease. Grounded and resilient.
- At ease with ambiguity with the ability to quickly analyse and simplify complex issues and seek out simple but effective ways of getting things done
- A change agent, with a sense of urgency, who will challenge the status quo and avoid bureaucracy. Will drive ideas through to implementation in a decisive and determined manner
- Self-confident and immediately credible. Communicates, negotiates and persuades internal and external stakeholders effectively. Has the personal impact and authority required.
- Organizationally savvy, with the high levels of perception, self-awareness and emotional intelligence required to drive and influence change.
Dyson Philippine monitors the market to ensure we offer a competitive salary and management bonus. Beyond that, you’ll enjoy comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only one part of a successful career at Dyson. Professional growth, leadership support and new opportunities abound, driven by regular dialogue and international training. And with a vibrant culture, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to fuelling and realizing ambition.