Head of Global Logistics
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities.
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
- Working across the Quality, Innovation, Production and Procurement teams to translate the logistics strategy into projects with measurable benefits.
- Working on Global 3PL selection, contracting and management.
- Perform strategic assessment of company’s freight carrier costs, load & lane optimization.
- Develop and implement transportation strategies that results in maximum utilization of company assets with minimum cost.
- Monitors all inbound and outbound shipments, provides problem-solving resolutions and solutions.
- Develops metrics and vendor scorecards to measure and improve overall performance.
- Maintains strong industry knowledge and interfaces with all levels of internal and external customers to collaborate and educate them on transportation costs, trends, and regulations.
- Leads the development and implementation of company transportation programs, policies and procedures.
- Determines departmental budget that is submitted to departmental senior management for approval/disapproval. Monitors actual performance against budget through budget year.
- Own SAP Entries, ASN and other documentation.
- In charge of outbound Freight Metrics and Reporting.
- Support Outbound Consolidation, Cross Docking and other related improvement projects.
What is required for this role...
- A Degree, preferably in an Engineering/Supply Chain discipline.
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience with 5 years being at a Senior Manager level. A background in handling logistics for high end consumer goods or electronics manufacturer is preferred.
- Strong leadership with excellent analytical skills and a good team player.
- In-depth knowledge of logistical administration and cost controls.
- Knowledge of the federal and state legislation, custom regulation and documentation.
- Possess the ability to identify operational improvements and influencing others to deliver change.