Head of Group Reporting
Competitive Salary + Bonus, Pension, Free Onsite Sports Facility
This job is a key role in developing and maintaining Dyson’s management and statutory reporting. Whilst a technically demanding role, it puts the job holder at the heart of the finance community and affords excellent exposure to the CFO and the Global finance leadership team.
Home to our global Research, Design and Development centre and all of our Commercial functions, Dyson HQ is tucked away in countryside famous for the railway tunnels and bridges of Isambard Brunel, who revolutionised modern engineering. Our secluded location helps us to protect our ideas and stay independent-minded. Yet nearby are the fashionable cities of Bristol and Bath (where a young James Dyson invented cyclone technology).
The building is the heartbeat of Dyson. Nearly 2,000 people, including James himself, spend their days strategizing, inventing technology and telling the Dyson story to the world. Last year our HQ doubled its footprint with an ambitious new expansion and phase 1 of the Hullavington development is nearing completion...
Our Financial Accounting function provides the foundation for Dyson’s global commercial success. Creating and monitoring a framework of systems, processes and reporting that defines how we operate financially. The team forms a vital backbone of Dyson – encompassing our inventory, accounts payable and receivable, planning and analysis, and statutory reporting and consolidation. Delivering rapid performance insights and forecasting to help us stay ahead of the competition. And, in an organisation that doesn’t stand still, the team’s work is a growing challenge of ever-evolving numbers.
The overall objective of the role is to facilitate the understanding of business performance by owning the timely and accurate reporting of the consolidated management and statutory results of the Dyson Group (against last year, budget and forecast). You will also develop corporate reporting in conjunction with the Planning and Analysis team to ensure it continues to meets the needs of the business, the Group executive team and the Global finance leadership team.
Owning and developing the accounting policies of the Group, and at the same time take ownership of the preparation of the entity and group statutory accounts are other key objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the month end consolidation process across our regions. Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the submission for inclusion in the board report.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and board report for review by the CFO.
- Ensure that the business has appropriate accounting policies in place and applies these consistently.
- Own the preparation of the entity and group statutory accounts.
- Support the Consolidation Accountants on more technically demanding aspects of the consolidation process, e.g. elimination of intercompany profit and reporting of foreign exchange movements.
- Lead a team of five qualified accountants, one graduate and one internship student. Actively seek opportunities to develop team members and ensure their progression within the business.
- Own the day to day application of the new Onestream consolidation system. Ensure that the system continues to meet the ever changing reporting requirements of the business.
- Act as a key sponsor of the development of the global finance community through regular formal and informal interactions, leadership of our annual finance conference and market visits.
- Lead the development on implantation of cashflow and balance sheet forecasting and reporting across the markets
- Meet all other requests from the business for financial information as and when required.
- Qualified accountant with demonstrable heavyweight PQE experience.
- Strong financial accounting awareness.
- Excellent academic background.
- Knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Beneficial but not essential:
- Exposure to foreign exchange complexity
- Previous experience of SAP
- An interest in working abroad
- Able to lead change and ongoing process efficiency across both their own team and the whole finance community
- Strong intellect; high achiever.
- Proactive and flexible approach with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Able to motivate and lead others to achieve team objectives.
- Comfortable with complex systems and processes. Able to demonstrate an aptitude for improving these in order to drive efficiencies.
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.