Head of HR, RDD & Operations - SEA based in Singapore
The Head of HR for RDD & Operations in the SEA Region will lead and represent the region across the people agenda in all strategic decision making. The role will integrate all the different elements of HR activity across the region and will sit on the SEA Executive Committee. This is the most senior HR role in the region and will report to the HR Director, RDD & Operations who is based in the UK. The role will also sit on the RDD & Operations HR Leadership Team, representing the region.
The region is large with 2000+ people and an even greater chain of individuals working on Dyson activity through our contract manufacturers. This role will be the most senior HR person in the region, representing Dyson externally to government parties and agencies as well as internally where it will lead the team of HR Business Partners directly and the Centre of Excellence teams indirectly through a dotted line arrangement. It will integrate all HR & recruitment activity in region and ensure a fantastic and seamless service to the business. The role will report to the RDD HR Director and will sit on the SEA Executive as well as the Global RDD & Operations HR leadership team.
The role will require frequent travel to Malaysia (Johor Bahru) up to twice a week and frequent visits to the Philippines (minimum quarterly.)
Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Head of HR for RDD & Operations in the SEA Region will need to be able to act independently and make decisions relevant for the region and at the same time be part of a global Dyson HR team. This position must constantly balance the interests of the people agenda with a commercial mindset and pragmatic approach.
Build strong and trusted relationships with the Directors in the region.
Truly understand the nuances required in delivering the people agenda within the region, along with the relevant employment law and ways of operating.
Representing Dyson externally with government bodies and agencies.
Understanding the business and its future plans and create an appropriate people strategy to deliver this.
Champion the wider Dyson HR objectives across the SEA organisation and interpret them effectively locally.
Coach and support Directors to be at their best.
Play a role in recruiting the strongest senior leaders for the SEA region
Lead the HR Business Partner team through a direct reporting line structure and lead the regions’ Centre of Excellence HR and Recruitment teams through a dotted line structure. Integrate all HR and recruitment activity for the region and represent that to Dyson globally.
Sit as part of the Global RDD & Operations HR Leadership Team and the SEA Executive team. Run the SEA HR Leadership team.
Create a strong HR & Recruitment team for the region, ensuring the team is capable and forward thinking, well respected and acts with integrity.
• 10 years + experience in a senior HR role, at Head of or Director level and adept at managing a broad range of different priorities.
• Degree in business or related field required.
• A leader of people, previous experience of managing a large team
• Strong business acumen
• Experience of working with local government bodies such as Economic Development Board (EDB) Singapore, MIDA Malaysia and PEZA Philippines.
• Sound knowledge of local employment law
• A minimum of 2 years + experience within the SEA region
• Strong change management experience and project management skills.
• Able to drive and has licence.
• Experience of wider responsibilities including communications and facilities would be an advantage.
• Experience within a technology, engineering or manufacturing environment would be advantageous as would experience of working within a global organisation as well as a smaller, entrepreneurial, innovative high growth environment.
• Impact and gravitas
• Ability to think on your feet, smart and able to respond instantly