Head of Logistics
As part of the Senior Leadership team within the Global Logistics and Planning Organization based out of Singapore, the Head of Logistics is responsible for delivering a logistics strategy that involves managing the entire customer order cycle, so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. The person will also be directing and coordinating activities of the logistics function for business unit or assigned program in accordance with company policies and procedures and provide day to day leadership of the materials planning, shipping, order taking and store functions across a large logistics team.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Global Logistics and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex logistics operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
- Working across the Quality, Innovation, Production and Procurement teams to translate the logistics strategy into projects with measurable benefits.
- Working on Global 3PL selection, contracting and management.
- Perform strategic assessment of company’s freight carrier costs, load & lane optimization.
- Develop and implement transportation strategies that results in maximum utilization of company assets with minimum cost.
- Monitor all inbound and outbound shipments, provides problem-solving resolutions and solutions.
- Develop metrics and vendor scorecards to measure and improve overall performance.
- Maintain strong industry knowledge and interfaces with all levels of internal and external customers to collaborate and educate them on transportation costs, trends, and regulations.
- Lead the development and implementation of company transportation programs, policies and procedures.
- Determines departmental budget that is submitted to departmental senior management for approval/disapproval.
- Monitor actual performance against budget through budget year.
- Own SAP Entries, ASN and other documentation.
- In charge of outbound Freight Metrics and Reporting.
- Support Outbound Consolidation, Cross Docking and other related improvement projects.
- Lead and mentor a team of logistics professional to execute day to day production and project plans.
- Ensures that the organization is staffed optimally to deliver on the logistics strategy for the year.
What is required for this role...
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an Engineering/Supply Chain discipline.
- At least 15 years of relevant working experience with 5 years being at a Senior Manager level. A background in handling logistics for high end consumer goods or electronics manufacturer is preferred.
- Strong leadership with excellent analytical skills and a good team player.
- In-depth knowledge of logistical administration and cost controls.
- Knowledge of the federal and state legislation, custom regulation and documentation.
- Possess the ability to identify operational improvements and influencing others to deliver change.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll have comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a directorship at Dyson. New opportunities abound in a dynamic, creative environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition..