Head of Marketing - Hong Kong/Taiwan
Base + performance based bonus + competitive benefits
Bringing technology to life for consumers requires inventive marketing strategies. Clarity of message, effective reach and engagement are key pillars of our marketing approach. Working closely with our engineers, our marketing team develops powerful claims through scientific research and insights through consumer studies.
This involves optimizing media mix between traditional channels, cutting-edge events, retail experiences, social media and closely working with PR. Our endeavor is to seize every opportunity to tell the Dyson story and how it solves problems that others ignore.
In the Hong Kong office, the Marketing team consists of 3 Brand Marketing managers (one for each product category– Floor Care, Environmental Care, and Personal Care), and one lead for Digital Marketing. The marketing team will also be responsible for launch of new categories as and when Dyson decides to enter with innovative solutions.
As the market landscape changes, the key role of the marketing team involves understanding consumer behavior, competitor activity and come up with the most effective way to reaching out to our target customers. We want to go specific rather than wide.
- Lead the strategy formulation for existing and new consumer target(s) and segments.
- Develop propositions and programs to drive business
- Formulate and execute marketing plans to differentiate Dyson, build brand equity and drive consumer demand and finally sales
- Conduct competitor and market analysis, including product and claim analysis, to develop counter strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute go-to-market strategies, ongoing support and plans including new product launches, advertising creative, media planning, channel strategies, public relations, point of sale, promotions etc.
- Be responsible for development of effective brand communications including TV, Print etc.
- Manage key relationships with Group marketing and external agencies
- Ensure alignment and consistency in global and local messaging, and propose where we need to differ from global approach
- Finalize range amongst categories to match consumer need and maximise profitability
- Work with sales to implement channel/partner level range strategy
Build and manage relationships and be a leader
- Build strong relationships with distributors, external agencies and internal stakeholders
- Build a long term vision for the function and support the team
- Exhibit a holistic approach to business beyond marketing and be a role model for the larger organization
- Fix things that you can see need fixing
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or a related field
- 8+ years’ marketing experience in a strong consumer brand, of which majority experience should be in Brand Marketing.
- Experience managing a team is required
- Curious and passionate about consumers and building brands
- Superb attention to detail; material produced is meticulously executed
- Broad thinker with strong analytical skills; ability to use market analysis to identify high potential opportunities
- Problem Solving; must be able to critically analyze and tackle problems and present viable solutions
- Passion; this person needs to be passionate about Dyson, technology and engineering.
- Entrepreneurial spirit; must be able to deal with ambiguity and willing to take risks as needed
- Strong communication skills; this person is able to present information (both written and oral) clearly and concisely. This person needs to be able to communicate clearly at all levels within an organization.
- Creativity; they need to be open to new ideas, adventurous and practical simultaneously.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team of marketeers
- Driven by the desire to win and for continuous improvement
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Fluency in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.