Head of Operations
Competitive remuneration package
The Head of Operations is responsible for all end to end Operational deliverables taking new models from design stage through production launch, managing the production life of the product and then to any end of life actions. The role will be category specific (eg floorcare / handheld / non floorcare) and will report to the Manufacturing Director.
- To ensure that operational commitments and goals for the category are met and are to plan. (cost, quality, delivery).
- To provide strategic focus and leadership to ensure that manufacturing capabilities and capacities are available to support the build plan.
- To give specific focus to areas of new technology to ensure that Dyson has the required level of knowledge and equipment's to support in production.
- To lead the teams to ensure that best manufacturing practice is being employed and to challenge the norm to find different and better solutions.
- To deliver strategies to ensure that we provide manufacturing solutions that are both flexible and cost effective in meeting customer demands.
- Provide leadership to the operations team and influence the broader SEA team to enable smooth, planned activity throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Review launch strategies and provide operational solutions to meet the launch requirements at lowest cost and lowest risk, to include NPI dates and volume ramp plans.
- To control the direct labor work content for manufacturing the product to ensure that the most efficient methods are being used. To challenge current status and drive activities to reduce manufacturing cost.
- To align closely with RDD Category Head and Business Cat Leads to ensure delivery of business objectives – both short and long term.
- To develop, execute and measure operational cost down initiatives, using LEAN methodologies.
- To own the Capex to support new projects or capacity increases.
- To lead a team of Operation Managers to execute day to day production and project plans.
- Through the Operations Manager lead a team of Project Managers and Manufacturing Engineers to provide manufacturing solutions for new products.
- To lead a group of UK based Manufacturing Engineers to provide early manufacturing support for development projects.