Head of Sales and Marketing Finance
Competitive Salary + Bonus, Pension, Health Insurance, Free Onsite Sports Facility
This is a new role, reporting to the FD of Planning and Analysis
Dyson began fifteen years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Japan, Western Europe and Australia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds and is the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. Our most recent launch, Supersonic, completely rethinks the conventional hairdryer.
The Planning and Analysis team supports the Executive team with performance analysis to enable strategic decision making. Within the wider team, the Sales and Marketing finance team partner with key commercial stakeholders to drive reporting and insight on sales, channels and BBI.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Go-to business partner for the Chief Commercial Officer and his direct reports, covering Dyson’s Direct, Retail, Commercial and Media operations.
- Improving visibility of commercial drivers at a global level, including sales out, promotional spend, pricing corridors, terms and customer profitability
- Delivering our ambitious Direct roadmap, improving analytics and enabling our pivot to a digital organisation. Partnering our Retail team to ensure that we have the right strategy for our retail store investments
- Driving transparency around our BBI spend to deliver better return on investment
- Driving better, consistent governance processes around key spend decisions, whether BBI, promotions or retail, to ensure that Dyson spends efficiently
- Supporting the roll out of new commercial planning tools across the business
- Leading a team of 5 (three direct reports)
- Qualified accountant with 7 years PQE
- Commercial experience preferred
- Experience of leading a team
- Evidence of working with senior stakeholders
- Able to influence at very senior level
- Business partnership skills with stakeholders outside the finance community
- Ability to drive and deliver change
- Commercial awareness
- Strong grasp of governance best practice and ability to implement process change
- Flexible in approach with strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- Able to work cross functionally and build relationships with different markets worldwide
Dyson monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries and pension contributions. Beyond that, you’ll also enjoy a profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. Rapid professional growth, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and dynamic workshops. And with a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.