Head of Sales and Marketing Finance
This is a new role, reporting to the FD of Planning and Analysis.
Dyson began fifteen years ago with James Dyson and a handful of engineers questioning everyday products, thinking differently and making them better. We are now the number one vacuum cleaner manufacturer by value in the UK, US, Japan, Western Europe and Australia.
We've even branched out to improving commercial technology that frustrates us. The Dyson Airblade hand dryer dries hands in ten seconds and is the most hygienic and energy efficient hand dryer available. Our most recent launch, Supersonic, completely rethinks the conventional hairdryer.
The Planning and Analysis team supports the Executive team with performance analysis to enable strategic decision making. Within the wider team, the Sales and Marketing finance team partner with key commercial stakeholders to drive reporting and insight on sales, channels and BBI.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Go-to business partner for the Chief Commercial Officer and his direct reports, covering Dyson’s Direct, Retail, Commercial and Media operations.
- Improving visibility of commercial drivers at a global level, including sales out, promotional spend, pricing corridors, terms and customer profitability
- Delivering our ambitious Direct roadmap, improving analytics and enabling our pivot to a digital organisation. Partnering our Retail team to ensure that we have the right strategy for our retail store investments
- Driving transparency around our BBI spend to deliver better return on investment
- Driving better, consistent governance processes around key spend decisions, whether BBI, promotions or retail, to ensure that Dyson spends efficiently
- Supporting the roll out of new commercial planning tools across the business
- Leading a team of 5 (three direct reports)
You will be a qualified accountant with significant PQE and extensive experience of leading a team within a commercial environment. You'll be required to influence stakeholders (both finance and non-finance) at a very senior level so an adaptable communication style is necessary. We are looking for someone able to drive and deliver change with a strong grasp of governance best practice. You'll be flexible in your approach with strong organisational and prioritisation skills and the ability to work cross functionally and build lasting relationships with different markets worldwide.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines