Head of Solutions Architecture
Dyson are looking for a Head of Solutions Architecture to join our Application Business Services department, you will reporting to the Director of Enterprise Solutions.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
Dyson’s Global IT applications service has end to end accountability for the design, delivery and support of all business applications enabling Dysons global commercial, operational and enterprise business process. Forming a large proportion of the IT Function, the team are arranged into investment areas including Owner Experience & Retail, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance & compliance and People and collaboration.
- Creating solutions and design for projects ensuring they meet our ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance
- Providing leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of Dyson IT are met as well as short term project needs
- The integrity of the end-to-end solution, including transition states used to achieve the target state
- Ensuring design artefacts are produced to support stakeholder group for service, security, architecture and engineering
- Producing design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions
- Working with product owners, architects and platform leads to agree trade offs between, long-term and short term goals
- Shaping and estimating IT initiatives and feature team sprints, ensuring that component parts deliver against business outcomes
- Running design reviews on key areas of the existing IT estate in support of wider initiatives to improve service, security and reduce estate complexity
- Significant experience of operating at senior management levels
- Excellent understanding of IT strategy, architecture models, business model and plans.
- Experience of both line and matrix leadership.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and needs as well as managing current environment.
- Strong analytical capability and background
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus Life assurance
- Sports centre Free on-site parking
- Lift share scheme Subsidised café and restaurant
- Discount on Dyson machines