Head of Total Rewards and HR Operations - Dyson Americas
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Within a fast paced and high growth environment, the ideal candidate will lead the HR Operations and Total Rewards Team in the design, development, and delivery of a fully functioning Center of Excellence.
Total Rewards accountabilities include setting and then driving the delivery of a Compensation, Benefits and Mobility strategy, designing and executing appropriate policies and programs which effectively attract, retain, and engage our team to achieve the vision of the business. Overall HR Operations responsibilities include transactional activities, administration, record keeping, data and vendor management, relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle. This team is also responsible for US payroll and basic employee questions and services.
Holding onto the best people, and motivating them to deliver their best on an ongoing basis, is important to us at Dyson, as is finding them in the first place. Our Total Rewards team defines the pay, bonuses and benefits of our people across the world. They play a big role in ensuring Dyson people feel motivated, recognized, and cared for. They also set our approach to global mobility, enabling us to move our top talent around the world.
This position will devise, develop and ensure effective implementation of reward strategy, specific resulting compensation and benefits plans and policies, guidelines, and systems. You will be a key figure in providing region-wide advice on all elements of reward including the annual reward cycle, a variety of incentive plans (including Sales and Retail), competitive pay practices, and our approach to benefits. Alongside the Global Head of Total Rewards and HR Operations, you will be critical in the development and execution of an effective reward strategy which helps the business achieve both its objectives now and in the long term.
The Total Rewards function develops and maintains compensation and benefit programs to support the organization to ensure employees feel valued and supported. Programs are designed to encourage growth in both personal and professional endeavors to support employee development and maintain lasting employment relationships.
- Manage a team of HR Operations, Reward, and Payroll specialists who are responsible for delivering HR Transactional activity and Center of Expertise policies and strategy to Dyson Employees throughout their employment life-cycle.
- Responsible for the performance and delivery of these services to US and Canada markets, with geographic expansion expected within Central and South America.
- Drive effective customer relationships, internally and externally, and a thorough understanding of the organisation’s business requirements.
- Manage Policy documentation and approach via input from the necessary HR Teams, and third parties, to ensure policy and approach remains relevant and in keeping with legislative, technology, and process changes. Ensure trends and market practices are known and utilized so that the Total Rewards offering makes Dyson an attractive and competitive employer of choice on an ongoing basis.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes, practices, and technological solutions.
- Key stakeholder for development of HR systems, inputting to process and design solutions to ensure user experience is optimized and that the solutions deliver required outcomes or processes adapt to utilize the systems in the best way possible.
- Use people data analytics to drive vision and enable constructive business decisions.
- Developer of people : encourage and support the development the team, and provide opportunities to ensure engaged, empowered, productive people who deliver great value to the business.
- Manage the support function of a Learning Management Solution and related tools.
- Looking at wider business needs where HR Operations or Reward are either directly affected or can have a direct impact, for example business crisis management, system integrations, global mobility, business wide process reviews and new technology proposals, etc.
- Strong IT skills to include MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
- Able to prioritise high workload volumes and multitask where necessary
- Ability to meet fluctuating deadlines at short notice and willing to be flexible to reach deadlines
- Able to make sound decisions utilizing information and knowledge of HR systems and processes
- A motivator of others, able to lead a team and lead by example
- Efficient and results focussed – a pragmatist
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Drive and enthusiasm to succeed, influence others
- Work well with highly sensitive data, confidential and displaying discretion
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels including Executive
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- A change agent and thought leader – challenging the status quo and delivering continual improvements
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs and environments