Head of Transformation (Logistics Programs)
As part of the Senior Leadership team within the Global Logistics and Planning Organization based out of Singapore, the Head of Transformation is responsible for defining, directing, planning and managing the execution of Logistics Programs at Dyson. The role will be key in ensuring that Dyson’s Logistics landscape is scalable, efficient, and best in class within the industry.
Our Singapore story began in 2004 and today we have more than 1000 people working here. At the beginning of 2017 we opened our new, state of the art, Singapore Technology Centre in Science Park I, minutes from Singapore’s technology and start-up community. This new Technology Centre houses some of Dyson’s most advanced facilities including Robotics and Sensors laboratories and Smart Home, Connectivity & Mobile Applications laboratories as well as an Advanced Control Tower with the latest technology to develop its analytics-driven activities. Not too far away is West Park, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
The Global Logistics and IBP team is responsible for organization and implementation of a complex logistics operation. They plan, implement and control the efficient flow and storage of goods, services, and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer's requirements.
What you will do...
- Work with the Global Logistics Director to define and execute strategic logistics objectives.
- Provide direction and oversight for all logistics initiatives such as Direct to Consumer Programs, Origin Consolidation/Cross Dock, Direct Import Project (Retail), Slip Sheet/Palletization, Global MOQ Implementation, Transport Packaging Optimization, Reverse Logistics/Refurb.
- Ensure that all Logistics Programs adhere to the agreed policies, standards and governance.
- Effectively manage risks, issues, dependencies and change across all initiatives.
- Work with Logistics Project Managers to ensure the successful outcome of the programs by integrating work streams, tracking interdependencies and measuring progress against the programme plan.
- Ensure quality assurance mechanisms are in place so that products / deliverables adhere to agreed requirements.
- Lead a high performing, collaborative team comprising internal and external resources.
- Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in projects in line with agreed standards and governance.
What is required for this role...
- Possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Engineering/Supply Chain Management.
- At least 10 years experience in Logistics program/project management with a strong process orientation and cross functional team management.
- Extensive experience leading logistics transformation functions in delivering large scale change initiatives.
- Work experience in a manufacturing set up is a definite plus
- Strong communication, presentation and writing skills for all levels within an organization.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing and conflict management skills to manage a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Sound business judgment, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
Dyson Singapore monitors the market to ensure we offer competitive salaries and bonuses. Beyond that, you’ll have comprehensive medical care and insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a directorship at Dyson. New opportunities abound in a dynamic, creative environment geared to progress, innovation and realising ambition..