Health and Safety Advisor
£27,000 - 31,000 + Benefits + 27 days holiday + onsite Gym
Responsible for executing all health & safety tasks in accordance with Dyson policy under the guidance of the Health & Safety Manager, throughout Dyson’s UK sites. This will span a variety of property types and locations, but will focus predominantly on the UK headquarters at Malmesbury. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders including the Estates Manager, Senior Project Manager, Building Services Manager and the Facilities Manager, this role will involve extensive stakeholder interaction and liaison.
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment the estates team needs expertise in key areas – Health & Safety within the Estates Management function is one of these areas.
Working with the other members of the Health & Safety Team to assist in developing the health, safety and wellbeing culture of Dyson through:-
- Improving and updating the health and safety arrangements at Dyson.
- Providing practical advice and guidance to employees to ensure that they are able to carry out their tasks and activities in a safe manner.
- Making employees at all levels aware of their responsibilities with respect to health and safety.
- Delivering the health and safety message at the Dyson induction course and fire safety briefings.
- Working with other members of the team in developing and delivering training courses such a risk assessment, fire safety, manual handling and chemical safety.
- Working with departments on developing and implementing their risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Collating and analysing the accident and incidents which occur across Dyson.
- Assisting managers and/or carrying out accident/incident investigations then tracking recommending to ensure that they have been actioned.
- Managing the first aiders and first aid equipment; ensuring that there is adequate provision across the sites.
- Working within the team on the management of fire safety; this will include managing the fire risk assessments, their actions, fire logs, etc.
- Providing assistances and advice to the project team on the health and safety aspects of their projects.
- Developing audit programmes suitable to the needs of the each function.
- Supporting the health and safety champions in developing their health and safety committees.
- Undertaking other responsibilities associated with managing health and safety in its broadest sense which may arise from time to time.
• Broad experience; knowledge of a wide range of health & safety.
• Good communicator; ability to convey health and safety issues concisely and accurately.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
• Good analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
• Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives where necessary
• Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise in health and safety in order to gain stakeholder confidence
• Assertive; prepared to take action where required.
• Ability to deliver training in a clear and concise manner with confidence.
• Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software
• Willingness to show initiative