Health and Safety Manager
£47,000 - £55,000 + Bonus + 27 days holiday +Pension+ Free Gym on site
Dyson, whether at the headquarters in Malmesbury or globally, is growing at a rapid pace, and the estates team need to not only anticipate this growth, but also ensure that both new and existing properties are set up, operated and maintained to the expected standard. To create this positive and progressive working environment the estates team needs strong leadership and expertise in key areas – Health & Safety within the Estates Management function is one of these key areas.
Responsible for defining, leading and executing the appropriate health & safety management system throughout Dyson’s UK estate. This will span a variety of property types, locations and activities, but will focus predominantly on the UK headquarters at Malmesbury. Working alongside, and in support of, the other key estates leaders including facilities manager, project manager, building services manager and estate manager, this role encompasses extensive stakeholder engagement and the establishment of, and measurement against, Key Performance Indicators.
This is what we need you to do...
• To lead health & safety management in the UK on behalf of Dyson to ensure legislative compliance.
• To support senior leadership with setting strategic direction for health & safety management. Advise management on their compliance duties and promote a continuously improving safety culture.
• Management of incident/accident investigations and report to management when required.
• Introduce and embed a new health & safety culture across the estate ensuring positive communication with all parties.
• Line management of; compliance manager, health & safety coordinators and electrical safety team.
• Implement safe system of work procedures for all employees.
• Reinforce a clear and structured approach to the risk assessment programme in accordance with policy and legislation.
• Be the lead ambassador for health and safety culture.
• Ensure all functions are supported with suitable guidance when considering change projects.
• Advise the business where external expertise is required to ensure compliance
• Manage compliance with all policies relating to; asbestos, water quality, Equality Act and Fire etc.
• Manage all occupational health & safety matters liaising with HR and other internal and external parties where necessary.
• Implement a new health & safety management system.
• Develop and rollout at competency matrix and associated training programme.
• Implement an internal and external health & safety audit programme.
• Financial management – accurate budgeting and reporting for all related costs.
• Third party relationships – positive interaction with landlords, consultants, and local authorities where necessary.
• Working environment – support of progressive culture, furniture solutions and seating plans ensuring proposals are compliant.
• Strong experience leading and management health & safety in a similar corporate environment.
• Strong working knowledge of safety legislation supported by a professional qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma, CMIOSH or similar.)
• You are a trained and experienced auditor.
• Leadership; prioritization under pressure, team and supplier management
• Strong communicator; ability to convey complex issues concisely and accurately
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build productive working relationships and influence
• Excellent analytical skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
• Confident; comfortable with interacting with senior executives
• Credible; ability to demonstrate a level of expertise of all building and estate issues and their dependencies in order to gain stakeholder confidence
• Assertive; readiness to press teams and suppliers to take remedial action when required
• Neutral; ability to shape strategic direction without imposing their own views or prejudices on the outcome
• Good IT skills - proficiency with Microsoft package software
• Decisive and willingness to show initiative