Human Resources Advisor
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
This position will support and contribute to the Human Resources Team to help deliver the Dyson people strategy. They will ensure that Dyson attracts, recruits, retains and develops great people that are passionate about Dyson and its products. They will provide effective employee relations and operational HR support to the US market focusing on our Customer Service operations in Aurora, Illinois and our Dyson Service Centers throughout the US. The right candidate will want to work collaboratively with the Human Resources team on company-wide initiatives and areas of emphasis including:
1. Organization Effectiveness: New ways of working to do more with less, nimble execution, and high collaboration.
2. Leadership Development: Expand view of leadership, develop team & organizational capabilities, and create self-awareness, accountability & confidence to reach fullest potential.
3. Culture: Dyson culture that is engaging sustained and scales.
Dyson sells products in 71 countries, and it employs almost 6,000 people globally, one third of whom are engineers and scientists.
We know that every company puts great onus on the talents of their people. Dyson is no different, except in one very important way.At Dyson, the quality of its people is its life blood, which means talent is always at the top of the agenda. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a growing organization and help find and develop the talented people we need to be successful. Dyson will be experiencing unprecedented growth in the Americas Business and we need to build a team to help us find and develop the right talent to achieve our business objectives.
- Work with the HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and department leaders to ensure our practices are consistent with our culture of fairness
- Provide coaching to managers with any issues such as poor performance and attendance management, with HRBP guidance as necessary
- Assist in fact gathering and compilation of data related to investigations
- Use root cause problem solving approach to resolve employee relations issues
- Document meeting notes and associated letters
- Respond to unemployment claims and attend hearings as necessary
- Complete administrative work for internal status changes (terminations, promotions, transfers, new hires, etc.)
- Partner with Total Rewards Team to address workers compensation matters, leaves of absence and safety as required
- Track and document schedule accommodation requests. Partner with HRIS & Payroll Specialist to address payroll issues and questions
- Work with the HRBPs to champion the performance management and development planning processes
- Assist HRBP in communicating timelines and ensuring they are met
- Ensure performance issues are documented properly
- Document current processes and find opportunities to make improvements to them
- Relish the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Ability to take initiative to think outside the box and identify opportunities for improvement
- Identify problems and find solutions
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, liberal arts, education, industrial relations or organizational development
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources required (recruiting, employment, employee relations, training, etc.)
- Call center or retail experience strongly preferred
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written
- Commercial awareness
- Good project management skills
- Great relationship building and influencing skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills and a passion for developing people
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office suite skills
- Some knowledge of HR/employee practices and principles, and applicable labor, pay, benefits, health and safety laws and regulations preferred
- Ability to work independently without much on-site supervision