IT (Business) Graduate Programme 2018
£26,500 + £2,000 joining payment - benefits include 27 days holiday + on-site gym+ pension
Global HQ, Malmesbury, Wiltshire - South West UK
During this two year programme you’ll be liaising with business users and stakeholders to understand business IT requirements and support the management of change initiatives across all Dyson’s global markets using IT systems and business applications
Our IT teams manage the technology that makes what we do possible. They deliver an intuitive, premium interface on all digital devices, globally. They protect Dyson secrets through cutting edge digital security measures. They ensure our infrastructure performs around the clock. And they find a way to fix issues that stop us from doing our jobs. In the next few years, Dyson is getting even bigger – more people, space, and resources. Embracing the change, our IT teams are in the midst of digital transformation – critical to making our ambitious growth happen.
As part of the programme you will have the opportunity to rotate around a number of roles within some or all of the following functions as part of Dyson’s Global IT team
• Business Analyst
• Project Management
• Service Delivery Manager
• IT Business Partner
- Identifying business change elements and delivering designs that meet business requirements
- Supporting the development process to ensure stakeholders are engaged and their feedback is managed appropriately to enable project success
- Testing & training – partnering with test analysts to identify design elements to interrogate to ensure they are aligned with the overall project plan
- Understanding business needs, taking responsibility for quality of delivery, identifying risks and issues arising and ensuring resolution
- Accountable for leading and managing all aspects of small and medium projects (both business and technical) required to deliver the business outcome
- Working with key stakeholders to identify and manage the demands for IT, working with the wider IT team to ensure any new requirements are well defined and efficiently captured
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with business stakeholders and seeking out better ways of working
- Defining and delivering continuous improvement programmes so that systems deliver a continuously improving performance to the business
- Acting as escalation contact for major incidents including the creation and publication of major incident reports to IT and the business area impacted
- Establishing and maintaining effective partnerships with external suppliers, ensuring there is a shared vision and priorities and effective ways of working
Whichever part of our Global IT team you’re in, the projects you’ll work on will be varied; each project will have clear objectives for delivery in a given time period. After two years you’ll be a systems expert with an in-depth understanding of Dyson’s supporting technology.
We’ll expect a lot from you. And no day will be the same as the last. You’ll need to have, or be on track for, a 2:1 or above in a relevant IT or analytical degree discipline. Experience of ITIL processes, knowledge of IT infrastructure and service management tools as well as project management methodologies either from your course or work experience is advantageous.
But if you’re passionate about delivering projects that define and impact business need within a fast-paced, global technology company, show us your technical understanding and desire to learn and we’ll show you the rest.
Do all this and in return you’ll get a competitive salary and pension, profit-related bonus, generous leave and life insurance. But financial benefits are only the start of a Dyson career. With a vibrant culture, flexible working hours, the latest devices and a relaxed dress code reflecting our engineering spirit, it’s an exciting team environment geared to creativity, innovation and ambition.