IT Business Partner
Working as a trusted partner with senior business leaders across Dyson's group functions for Direct, Retail, Owner Experience, Creative and the Professional business unit to understand strategic plans and objectives. You will ensure the IT demands for capabilities needed to enable them are appropriately captured, prioritised and business expectations on delivery timescales fully understood.
Dyson HQ is home to over 3,500 people who work across a medley of engineering and commercial functions. The award-winning campus has three cafes, a sports centre and a number of engineering icons including our Harrier and Lightning jets – one of which hangs from the ceiling of our café. Based in Malmesbury, the campus is within easy reach of both the Cotswolds and cities like Bath and Bristol along the M4 corridor.
The Strategy and Transformation team takes the lead to ensure that Global IT is aligned to Dyson’s overall global strategy and business plans, owning the architectural blueprint to enable these plans and translating this into a clear prioritized roadmap/portfolio and the enabling target operating model for IT to ultimately deliver real transformational change for Dyson.
- Providing overall leadership for IT to Dyson’s Commercial group function and Professional unit.
- Acting as an ambassador for globally run projects by championing local needs with the Global Leadership team and supporting better visibility of global roadmaps and plans for local stakeholders
- Working with the wider IT team to ensure any requirements are well defined and efficiently captured for Group IT.
- Leading overall IT Portfolio Governance Reviews to provide visibility of all IT projects and activities that impact on the functions.
- Continually working to build and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders and frequently seeking out “what’s different” in their associated portfolio
- You will engage with local teams and third parties and feed into IT teams.
- Experience of leading an I.T. team providing services or delivering projects to the business.
- Significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, programme and project management techniques including Agile.
- Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is commercially focused
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of business communication strategy development and stakeholder management
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.
- 27 days holiday plus eight statutory bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Sport centre
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines