IT Director – Global RDD & Operations
Not too far away is Advanced Manufacturing Centre, our flagship advanced motor manufacturing facility where we develop our autonomous robotic manufacturing capabilities – more than 300 robots assemble our Dyson Digital Motor (DDM) here. It is here that we develop our next generation of motor technology.
Like Dyson products, we embrace the latest technologies, excelling in quality and usability and challenging established markets and business models
Our mission is to empower Dyson by innovating in a connected, digital world. To be a trusted business partner and advisor, delivering world class, global, smart technology and services that are reliable, fit for purpose, innovative and value-orientated in support of our people and processes.
- Working as a trusted partner with senior business leaders across Dyson's RDD and Operations functions to understand strategic plans and objectives and ensure the IT demands for capabilities needed to enable them are appropriately captured, prioritised and business expectations on delivery timescales fully understood.
- This critical global IT leadership role, will ensure local business stakeholders have clear visibility of roadmaps and plans to meet the demands for IT identified, working with the wider global IT team across Group IT Architecture, Delivery and Service to ensure any new requirements are well defined and efficiently captured for Group IT
- Partnering with Group IT Delivery in overall IT Portfolio Governance Reviews to provide visibility of all IT projects and activities that impact on the RDD and Operations functions. For globally run projects, the IT Director – RDD & Ops supports the Group IT Delivery team by championing success and helping following up on actions with risks and issues as required
- Providing technical insight into the Business Leadership team on general and specific engineering, manufacturing and supply chain technology trends and innovation and how these can be leveraged to drive business growth and new operating models to achieve the expected goals and ambitions in the region.
- Leading dedicated teams in Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and UK to understand and develop roadmaps for the IT capabilities needed, define the detailed requirements for the solutions required, agree the appropriate application design with Group IT Architecture and deliver locally if required
- Responsible - together with the Global IT Service function, local IT service managers and Service Delivery Managers - for Service Delivery into the functions - striving to provide exceptional service levels of quality and reliability of any IT systems that are delivered.
- Reporting into the Global IT Director, the individual will act as the champion for RDD and Operation’s needs as part of the global IT organisation - headquartered in the UK - ensuring that the regions needs and priorities are communicated and understood across the wider organisation.
- Continually working to build and maintain strong working relationships with business stakeholders and frequently seeking out “what’s different” associated with RDD and Operations engaging with local teams and third parties and feeding into Group IT teams
- Frequent travel expected across the SEA and UK region (~20%).
With experience in a similarly dynamic, international role and complex organisation, you’ll have a proven working knowledge of leading an IT function in the region working as part of a global matrix managed team.
The ideal candidate for the role would have significant experience in IT strategy development, along with portfolio, programme and project management techniques including Agile. A background in IT and Business Consultancy roles would be preferred.
- 10 years’ + experience of leading an I.T. team delivering projects and services against an agreed programme plan.
Excellent understanding and business domain knowledge in an organisation that is technology and product focused and driving for rapid growth and expansion into new and varied product categories and markets and transforming a supply chain and logistics operations to support direct fulfilment and global flexibility
- Leadership of IT projects, preferably using a structured project delivery approach such as Agile.
- Good financial management, budgeting and investment appraisal skills.
- Experience of developing and delivering IT Roadmaps and Programme Plans to meet business needs.
- Experience of IT Procurement using a structure RFP process, including involvement with developing statements of work and associated contracts.
- Experience of operating within a global organisation with a proven ability to deliver against Group wide initiative.
- A strong service and business partnering mind-set.
- Ability to translate high level unstructured ideas and requests quickly into a structure and level of detail that can be easily impacted against existing solution capabilities and developed into detailed project plans.
- Proven people manager of international teams across Asia.