IT Infrastructure Analyst
Starting salary will be based on experience and credentials
Dyson are undertaking an exciting programme of IT projects designed to radically improve business performance through the implementation of new Business Applications, underlying Infrastructure and IT Service. This programme includes global change projects such as the implementation of new Information Management solutions as well as local initiatives to improve day to day business operations.
Dyson sells products in 71 countries, and it employs almost 6,000 people globally, one third of whom are engineers and scientists. The face of Dyson is changing rapidly. Three years ago 80% of Dyson’s business was full-sized vacuum cleaners. Today its digital motor powers cordless vacuums, robots, hand dryers, bladeless fans, humidifiers, purifiers and heaters around the world. This is just the beginning; we just launched our new Supersonic Hair Dryer and have a plan to launch many other new products over the next 3 years.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating on solutions with the UK infrastructure team.
- Support of Dyson Infrastructure solutions.
- Involvement with core infrastructure upgrade projects (such as network upgrades, server builds, office setups).
- Participation in the process and documentation improvement projects scheduled.
- Following a structured operational change control lead by the UK IT team.
- Provision of Infrastructure daily support activities, including:
- Backup and Restore of systems and files using CommVault Backup Solution
- Proactive monitoring of Networking, Telephony, Server hardware and Operating Systems
- Collaborating with the Service Delivery lead on incident and change management
- Connecting with the UK infrastructure team on ongoing or upcoming projects
- Communicating risks to the production environment
- Supporting the global infrastructure team with support tasks to ensure minimal downtime and out of hours requirement (supporting UK with patching for example) We should look to do this more and more. Build a global INF team.
Provide technical assistance and problem determination of the core technologies utilized within the organization including:
- Microsoft Back office products
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Applications
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- VM ware set up and configuration
- Provision of second and third line support for the Dyson IT Service Desk.
- AN/WAN/WLAN/IPT support
- Provide system administration for:
- Dyson Group Microsoft Active Directory.
- Dyson US/CA email system, Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Act as the US member of a global Infrastructure implementation team.
- Participate in, and at times lead Infrastructure based projects to implement new systems and technologies.
- Involvement with implementations by 3rd parties, from initial supplier selection, through commercial agreement until final project completion.
- Proper documentation for production support and management post implementation.
- Participate in projects to improve systems, processes and service delivery quality within the team, department and wider business.
- Liaise and if required escalate with team to provide knowledge transfer to ensure a consistent level of systems understanding is achieved.
- Publish, improve and manage internal I.T. documentation.
- Ability to travel within the USA, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience and Education Requirements
- At least 2 years’ experience working in an infrastructure delivery and support role.
- Bare Metal Builds (Essential)
- WINS / DNS / DHCP (Essential)
- Domain Model (Essential)
- Login Scripts (Desirable)
- Support (Essential)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016:
- Bare metal Installation (Essential)
- Disaster Recovery builds (Essential)
- Bridgehead Server Model (Desirable)
- Maintenance (Essential)
- Fault Finding (Essential)
- VMware Virtualization 5.5 & 6.0
- Creation of guest builds
- Virtual System Centre
- High Availability
- Thorough understanding of the following Networking technologies:
- LAN Addressing (Essential)
- Public IP routing (Essential)
- Basic IP Ports (Essential)
- Basic Cisco commands (Desirable)
- Advanced Cisco commands (Desirable)
- McAfee Enterprise Firewall Experience (Desirable)
- SonicWall Experience (Desirable)
- VPN Experience (Desirable) particularly MS UAG & F5
- Supporting Internet Circuits / MPLS (Desirable)
- Working with Telecoms providers (Desirable)
- Configuration of HP/Dell Servers (Essential)
- Commvault Backup Solutions
- SAN/NAS Experience (Desirable)
- Wireless Network Experience (Desirable)
- Cisco Wireless Experience (Desirable)
- Exposure to Avaya VOIP Solutions (Desirable)
- MCSE Qualified (Desirable)
- CCNA Qualified (Desirable)
- Ability to collaborate with a remote team and proactively communicate needs for the business, support and team
- Ability to offer solutions to various I.T. related problems, at times when under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal skills essential to maintaining good working relationships and empathy with both technical and non-technical staff, including the ability to communicate well with a wide variety of users, of very differing levels of IT skills.
- Commitment to constant quality improvement.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to produce technical documentation when required.