IT Project Manager
Starting salary will be determined based on experience and credentials.
The Dyson IT Project Manager is a talented delivery expert that is known for strong leadership, problem solving and complex project delivery. They manage large tactical projects as well as multi-million dollar strategic projects and uphold the highest standards of project management methodology including regular and effective communication with key stakeholders, governance, change management and thorough risk management. They are accountable for leading and managing all aspects of the project (both business and technical) and required to deliver the business outcome. Dyson is looking for both Agile and Waterfall Project Managers; the ideal candidate with have the agility to practice both depending on the project.
management and delivery
- Work closely with project stakeholders to manage concerns, problems, changes and escalation.
- Ensure their projects are structured, well planned and executed.
- Run daily scrums and
provide hands-on service delivery while also managing the team.
- Create exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, and governance structure (as it relates to wider IT Road map governance).
- Adhere to the IT project management methodology and look for improvements to discuss with the Program Manager.
- Manage changes in project scope, costs, resources and timing within the framework of agreed governance and change control processes.
- Diligent risk management with close management of effective mitigation, escalating risks and issues in project governance where necessary.
- Work with Program Manager and Head of Program Management to negotiate robust and cost effective contracts with SI and digital agencies.
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure on-going cost effective and high quality delivery during project execution.
- Produce project highlight reports.
- Manage stage gates with a focus on continued business justification.
- 5+ years of IT Project Management Experience, ideally gained in strategic complex projects for large organizations.
- Project Management Professional Certification or equivalent distinction.
experience using Agile
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a proven track record in delivery.
- In depth
knowledge and experience of all stages of the project and program life cycle,
including development of business cases, and mobilization of programs.
- Knowledge of multiple project management methodologies.
- Experience delivering complex projects with budgets in excess of 2M.
- Experience leading large multi-disciplinary project teams across multiple organizations and locations.
- Business change management and communication planning skills.
- Budget management and financial reporting.
- Business case development and benefit realization.
- Experience of value tender / vendor selections.
- Ability to lead an engagement with a client.
- Ability to think holistically and analytically and determine when to take each approach.
- Successfully visualize a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options, and think each through from concept to implementation.
- Demonstrate a clearly methodical approach.
- Experience working with 3rd party or offshore teams is a plus.
- Experience working for a consultancy or other professional services organization is a plus.